The Long Day Is Over

by Kenlie Tiggeman on October 16, 2012

Have you ever experienced a Monday that never seems to end?  That was my day.  I woke up before my alarm went off and breathed a sigh of relief that it was Sunday, then after basking in the fact that I could sleep in I realized it was Monday.  That reality would have been harsher if I hadn’t been looking forward to the day.

My attempt to go back to sleep for half an hour was thwarted by my desire to workout before facing the day so I got up and completed Level one of  30-Day Shred.  Monday isn’t typically a workout day, but after two workouts yesterday I felt compelled to continue in a healthy way.  The half hour I spent working out set the tone for my day, and I’m glad I did it.  (Don’t worry.  I showered and brushed my hair after that!)

You may recall that Monday is my new weigh-in day, and I’m happy to report that I lost 3.8 pounds.  After two weeks of working my way back into a healthy groove I’m down 11.6 pounds, and for the first time in a long time I feel like I can do this again.  Sure, I have a long way to go, but it feels great to be on the right track!

Monday meetings seem to work well for me because I’m more conscious of my weekend eating.  I found myself looking forward to attending again too, and that makes a huge difference!  I like this meeting and the people in it, and I want to succeed with everyone else there.  I can’t say that I love this meeting as much as I loved my New York meeting, but it’s possible that I will eventually.  I’m comfortable there, and that’s one of the most important factors to consider.

After my meeting I stopped at Whole Foods to pick up something delicious for dinner, and I made a new friend.  We had ample time to talk as we waited in line, and we continued our conversation outside.  He’s from New York and seemed rather brilliant and friendly so it was easy to talk to him.  I love making new friends so I’m glad I made that stop.  During our talk he suggested that I season my next batch of kale chips with chipotle, and I plan to do that before the presidential debate.

When I got home I considered working out again, but I opted to wait until today.  Instead I began practicing recipes that I plan to make for the holidays (because it’s important to do that while others are around to eat it.)  Now I’m ready to tackle Tuesday!

My confidence is on the rise again, and it feels good.  I feel like I’m in control of my health today, and I’m keenly aware that it’s up to me to make good choices.  I’m feeling strong in my workouts again too.  I plan to hit the pavement after I sleep, and I’m already looking forward to continuing my healthy week.

What will you do to make this a healthy week?

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Michelle @The Running Jewess October 16, 2012 at 1:41 am

Congratulations on another great loss! You are badass (imagine I’m saying this in a French accent, makes it significantly more entertaining).

As for me, I’m going to continue my streak with our little exercise club! And I’m planning to take a friend out for her first run in years. Don’t think she is too excited, but I hope to change that.

Aimee October 16, 2012 at 2:06 am

Congratulations on the loss this week! Chipotle kale chips…sounds delicious. I really love kale chips. My favorite so far are simple salt and vinegar. This week I am going to plan ahead by preparing salads and a big pot of soup for the week.

Tammy October 16, 2012 at 7:05 am

Our weigh in on Mondays seems to be helping to keep me on track during the weekends, too. I’ve been in a groove, as well, and it does feel good!

Bailey @ Onederland or Bust! October 16, 2012 at 7:59 am

Good job on all the workouts!
I’m trying to get back on track with my workouts this week and tonight I plan on going on a long over due run! :)

Sheila Kaye October 16, 2012 at 10:16 am

To make this a healthy week, I will have to make sure I am eating throughout the day and getting my calories IN and with the right combinations. Confidence is a huge thing. Life tends to get me down sometimes as I am the type of person that let’s people GET to me. I’m too sensitive and worry too much about what people think. These negative thoughts tend to make me lose focus everywhere….and then not do anything GOOD.
So this week, I’m trying to stay positive and LIVE a little more. Stay focused, make time for more cardio….stay on plan and stay strong.
I’m 3 pounds from my half way mark in my long journey, but I gained 2 pounds over the weekend…so now I need to lose those two pounds plus 3 more pounds… seriously? why do I do this to myself???
I’ve lost 72 pounds….and I have 78 more to go. NO PROBLEM !! ha ha
Stay healthy

Tammy Herrin October 16, 2012 at 11:17 am

Great job on the weight loss! Really enjoying your blog, your story is so inspiring.

Grace @ Grace Dishes October 16, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Glad to hear your confidence is up this week! I love a good sweaty photo! Good for you for staying active :)

Julie October 16, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Yay! So happy to read your positive thoughts and hear positivity in your attitude! Maybe it will rub off on me, because these last two weeks, I HAVE SUCKED!

Great job!

Patty October 17, 2012 at 10:56 am

Congrats on the awesome two week loss! :)