Friends Lifestyle

Oh! I Still Have A Blog?!

The last week has been a whirlwind, and for the most part I have been off the grid.  Is anyone here?  Am I the only one who missed doing FMM?

My weekend was amazing!  It involved a lot of fun and friends,  but there was a lot of work to be done as well.  I have a paper to finish for one class, but my understanding professor gave us extra time if we needed it.  I definitely need it!

Leslie came into New Orleans for a long weekend, and we had more fun than people should be allowed to have in one weekend.  A group of amazing ladies (and one handsome fellow) patronized some of New Orleans’ finest restaurants, and we hit Bourbon St. as well.  We partied it up, and it was a great way to celebrate the changes that are coming this week!

I can’t believe that my things are being moved today!  My sofa and bed won’t arrive until later this week, but I’ll spend the days leading up to that putting furniture together.  I think I’ll attempt to assemble my TV stand first even though it’s the most intimidating piece because I want it to be ready when the cable people arrive.

Last night I shopped for groceries for my new apartment, and as I shopped I felt liberated by the fact that every choice was mine.  I will be in total control of my environment for the first time in a long, long time, and I need that!  And as cool as it is to choose flowery decor, it’s even cooler to choose healthy foods that will set me up for success with my weight goals.

I’m not saying that losing weight will be easy when I live alone, but I do think a healthy routine will lead to healthy choices.  Routine is something I have been craving for a long, long time, and I’m ready to get started.

My new gym membership starts Wednesday too, and I can’t wait to utilize the cardio room as well as the Olympic size pool! I love to swim, but the last few gyms I went to didn’t offer that option.  The new gym is close to school so it will be easy to pop in before or after class.  I’m really looking forward to that.

I didn’t make it to Weight Watchers yesterday because I didn’t go to class.  Who needs to drive an hour and a half to know that they drank too many french martinis and too much champagne over the weekend?  I’ll weigh in next week and expect to see a couple of pounds lost in spite of this week.

Right now I’m going to try to get some things accomplished so I can spend the weekend settling into my new place.  I’m looking forward to watching the Saints redeem themselves after last weekend’s disaster against Denver.

How has everyone been since last week?  Is everyone okay in the wake of Hurricane Sandy?

mary
    October 30, 2012 at 4:13 am

it is always great when you can get together with friends and have fun!!!
    congratulations on your new digs…i cannot wait to see all the great things you have done to it 🙂

Linda J
    October 30, 2012 at 4:41 am

I’m so in awe of your commitment to fitness. I’d love to embrace working out with the enthusiasm you do, Kenlie.

I have about 15 kgs (Aussie reader here!) to lose and feel so self conscious and flustered going to the gym. The internal dialogue does my head in. I dread it and I find any excuse not to go…

Bailey @ Onederland or Bust!
    October 30, 2012 at 8:00 am

we missed FMM! 😉
    Good luck with your move this week and have fun making the place your own 🙂

Tammy
    October 30, 2012 at 8:22 am

I totally missed FMM!LOL But I understand that life gets busy sometimes. That’s awesome that your gym membership starts soon.:) I live in Colorado, but my fave team is the Saints…so was very sad about their loss.:( Hopefully next weekend will be better for them. Hope you have a great week!:)

Cathy
    October 30, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I was busy yesterday and didn’t get on to do FMM, or even see that it wasn’t up, and came to your page to do it. So yes! I am missing it this week! 🙁

I am glad you had a great weekend though. 🙂 Have a great time settling into your own place!

Ang
    October 30, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Missed FMM, but real life gets crazy, we all understand that. 🙂 Looks like you had a blast with your pals!

Julie
    October 30, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I did miss FMM. I don’t always participate, but I LOVE to read it!

Maybe I’m crazy, but were you in the audience of Kelly Live this morning? If not, maybe you have a twin!!

🙂

Deb
    October 30, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I actually came here late last night looking for the FMM even though I’ve missed most of them the last few weeks, so was sad not to see it. 🙁

It does feel great to do your shopping and be in control of what you buy and eat. 🙂

Sheila K
    October 31, 2012 at 8:04 am

Looks like you had a great time with friends..I think that’s always a healthy thing. Good luck on your huge life changes. That can really be tough. Last week was great..I’m just chugging away on goals. I’m finally halfway to my goal…so very excited and motivated at the moment! Good to hear from you.

Tracy
    October 31, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Great to hear all the new and exciting things coming your way. Congrats on the new apartment, can’t wait to see the pics after you finish decorating!!

Grace @ Grace Dishes
    November 1, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Congratulations on the new apartment! I crave routine too and consistency 🙂