Who Knew A Monday Could Be So Awesome?

by Kenlie Tiggeman on October 9, 2012

Yesterday was a long day, but I have no complaints.  When I woke up I didn’t feel well, but apart from a headache I’m fine now.  Whew.

Mondays are my new weigh-in day, and I think I like my meeting…a lot.  I was down 7.8 this week, and I’m feeling good about continuing this week.  I’ll be happy as long as the scale moves in the right direction.  I didn’t show big losses before, but they were fairly consistent.  For now, I’ll just concentrate on making good choices and adding one or two additional workouts this week.  Last week my goal was to work out every other day, and this week my goal is the same.    (Maybe I’ll even remember to update my workout and weight-loss logs soon.)

I also chose my actual apartment unit yesterday, and I’m excited about that.  Originally I was told that I could move in on October 12, but now it looks like I can’t move in until November 1.  The appliances have arrived, but the counter tops aren’t installed yet so they need a little more time.  Sigh…

I was disappointed to hear that I have to wait two more weeks to move in, but it’s actually okay because I’m still waiting on furniture to arrive.  I changed my mind when it was time to order so my sofa is olive green, and I bought this chair on sale from Target to match.  The chair has green in it so let’s hope it matches. ;)

And I chose a beige upholstered bed (that I can’t find in pictures) which will be covered with this bedding from Bed, Bath and Beyond.  The bedroom in this photo is much cooler and bigger than mine, but the bedding is the same.  You get the idea, right?

My life is moving in a healthy direction, and I like it.  I like the independence that I’ve gained over the last year or so, and I’m ready to look back and appreciate the positive changes I’ve made.

Weight-loss is important, but it’s not the only thing that’s important.  I’m happy…for a lot of reasons, and I’m thankful for my life.

What are you thankful for today?

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

mary October 9, 2012 at 5:19 am

looks like everything is falling together as well as the weight falling..yay you!
i am thankful that i finally hit the 25 pound mark
that my very best guy friend gifted me a one year gym membership(OMG!)
even though we are burying my beloved aunt today it has brought many family members to town and we are celebrating her life , just the way she would want it!
xo to you kenlie
mary

Kenlie October 10, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Oh Mary…blessings and burdens….Hoping for many more blessings for you! xxoo

annamarie October 9, 2012 at 7:37 am

Great question and I am thankful that I am given another new day to do what is right and most important making the right decision for me. Trying to stay positive and spreading good to others.

Thanks for making me think about what should be first all the time.

Havr a super day

Oh and the chair is nice but don’t be disappointed about the color. I just bought two chairs from them, love them both but the one was certainly not the color that they said and certainly didn’t match what the picture looked like. Easy to put together and are real comfortable.

Kenlie October 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I’ve seen some of the chairs, but I’ve never seen this one. It’s sitting in my living room now, but I won’t open it for a few more weeks…Or maybe I will. =)

Bailey @ Onederland or Bust! October 9, 2012 at 7:51 am

Congrats on the awsome loss!

I love that chair. Accent chairs with cool patterns and colours are the best :)

Kenlie October 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I agree…now I need some awesome pillows…and a mattress!

Michelle @The Running Jewess October 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Congratulations on a fantastic loss this week!

Today I am so grateful for a positive attitude. I’m glad that I’ve been able to find a healthy balance in my life and, although it is a stressful time, I’ve been able to make good life decisions.

Kenlie October 10, 2012 at 2:15 pm

You have some stellar reasons to be thankful, and it’s awesome to see that you recognize them! You rock!

Patty October 9, 2012 at 2:06 pm

How exciting! Those weeks will fly by and you’ll be installed in your new place. Today I’m thakful for making decisions. I’ve been struggling with something and the air is clearing up :)

Kenlie October 10, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I hope the air is fully cleared for you soon. Sending so much love your way!

Jamie @ Win,Lose or Eat October 9, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Congrats on the new place. I love the chair and the bedding!

I am thankful today that I have the hope of a long life and a healthy future. Before I decided to change from a destructive, unhealthy lifestyle to a healthy one, I would think constantly about how I had better talk to my husband about what we would do if I died suddenly from a heart attack and I knew diabetes was likely to be in my future. I know that sounds incredibly grim, but when you weigh close to 400 pounds and eat mostly unhealthy foods, you think about death more often than you would like. I know you have been there, so maybe you can relate?

Now that I have started losing weight and eating healthy, I have a positive outlook on life and the future. Ya know what I mean? My thinking has changed. And I guess that is sometimes what this whole thing is right? A brain change! Thank you for your blog and reminding me to be thankful today!

Kenlie October 10, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Wow…powerful changes are a fantastic reason to be thankful! Congrats to you for taking control!