I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving last week had a wonderful time with family and friends! I enjoyed the day with Mom and family before heading to Houston to spend a few days with Dad and more family. I miss New York at times, but being close enough to spend time with my family is amazing! I’m so thankful to have the opportunity to do it more often, and I plan to take advantage of that as long as I’m here.
Aunt Janice and I walked 3.53 miles Thursday morning, and I know some of you walked as well! Lance completed his 5k before I woke up at 9 am, but the fact that I completed mine before noon on a holiday (or any day really) made me feel like a rock star.
Mom, Barbara and I did some Black Friday shopping, and I got some things that I still lacked in my new apartment. Now I have spare sheets, pillows, a coffee pot and a Shark (some kind of awesome contraption that’s supposed to steam my floors until they’re clean) among other things.
This year has brought copious amounts of joy and positive change in my life, and I’m so utterly thankful. I’ve been blessed with so much that it seems ridiculous to write a Christmas wishlist, but Friend Makin’ Mondays is about friendship and fun so why not do a little dreaming?
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Dear Santa: List at least ten things that you may or may not need that you’d love to find under your tree this year!
2. Yankee Candles (Scent: Christmas Cookies, Red Velvet or Vanilla Buttercream)
4. White iPad Mini or Google Nexus Tablet
5. Pretty much any color OPI Nail Lacquer
6. Yankees hoodie
7. Calphalon 5 in 1 Removable Grill I can’t even begin to imagine all of the healthy dishes I could create with this grill. I’m still not sure how I ever cooked without my beautiful Calphalon Unison pots and pans. They are incredible, and I’m quite sure this grill is too.
8. I wanted a vacuum, but scratch that! Mom bought a Shark for me on Black Friday, and that’s better than a vacuum. I have hardwood floors, not carpet.
9. Christmas ornaments and decor. I don’t have much anymore, but I have to start somewhere, right? I did get this awesome ornament over the weekend though, and I can’t wait to put it on my tree later this week!
10. Activelink from Weight Watchers
It really doesn’t matter to me if I get anything on this list or not. In fact, I probably won’t get much from it, but I’m happy. I’m so grateful for my life and how much it has changed over the last year, and I’m thankful for everything in my life that makes my heart swell with joy. There was a time when it didn’t feel like I’d ever be this happy again, and I’m overwhelmed right now just thinking of the blessings on my life.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s question! Try to come up with at least ten things that you love, but feel free to share as many as you’d like! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Also be sure to take a few minutes to say hi to someone new. I want everyone here to know they’re loved, and I know you all feel the same way!
Happy Monday friends!!!!!!!!!!!!