I can’t believe it’s almost Thanksgiving! I love this time of year, and this year we’re doing things differently in my family. We are going out rather than cooking a big meal at home.
We’ll celebrate Christmas at my sister’s house, but this year (for the first time ever) we’ll be totally low key on Thanksgiving Day. It feels weird, but it also means that it should be easier to lose weight.
Today is weigh-in day, and I feel pretty confident that I’ll show some kind of loss, and I deserve it. I watched my intake this week, and I exercised several times. I joined a new gym that has locations close to school and close to home so I have no excuse not to sweat regularly.
I’m excited about the holiday season so let’s move on to this week’s topic!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? If so, please share them. Hmmmm, we don’t have any specific traditions, but I’m happy to be spending time with my family again this year.
2. List at least three dishes that are on your family’s table every year. Corn bread dressing, pecan pie and Watergate salad. Yum…This year we’re going out to eat soooooo……….(Can you tell I’m not totally comfortable with that? Ha!)
3. Do you prefer pumpkin pie or pecan pie? Um, really? I love both, but it is imperative that pumpkin pie is topped with cool whip!
4. Will you watch football on Thanksgiving Day? I’m sure I’ll watch it at least for a while. Maybe I’ll nap on the sofa during the Cowboys game.
5. Do you plan to exercise Thursday? I’m doing a 5k turkey trot with my friends virtually. Do you want to join me? If so, get in touch with me, or leave a message in the comments. I’m sure I’ll talk about it more this week!
6. Do you prefer ham or turkey? I totally prefer ham! 🙂
7. Will you shop on Black Friday? If so, where will you go first? I’ll go to Wal-mart first because it’s the closest store to Mom’s house, and I’ll be there. After a little morning shopping I will take a nap, then I’ll head to Houston to see Dad and family!
8. Do you take a nap on Thanksgiving? I don’t always do it, but I will try to this year so I’m rested for shopping Friday morning. 🙂
9. Share one dish that probably won’t be on anyone else’s table. Hmmmm, I’ll be out, and I’m not sure what’s on the menu so I don’t have an interesting answer for this question.
10. What are you thankful for today? I’m so thankful that I’ll get to see Mom and Dad this week. I’m also thankful that I’ll see the rest of my family in December. I’m thankful that Lance will be here in less than a week, and I’m thankful for my awesome friends. I’m also thankful that I didn’t lock my keys in my car yesterday at the gym.
Now it’s your turn to post the questions on your blog! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday, and happy Thanksgiving!