At this time last week I was enjoying my last day with Lance. I can’t believe he has only been gone for a week! It feels like it has been so much longer. At the same time the few weeks I have to wait to see him again feel like an eternity. I miss him, and I missed FMM too! Did anyone miss it as much as I did?
I have a final today, and I’m ready to be done with it. I’ve enjoyed the class, but I’m ready for a break. I have three finals left after this one, but I’ll be done with all of them by Thursday. I’m looking forward to that! I’m also looking forward to making a homemade gingerbread mansion with friends after today’s final.
In addition to finals and FMM it’s also weigh-in day, and it won’t be pretty. I’ve been exhibiting some terrible habits over the last couple of weeks, and the scale is not happy about it. I’d like to say that I have it under control now, but I won’t go that far. Instead I’m happy to say that Sunday was a healthy day. I didn’t give into cravings, and I loaded up on fruits and veggies. Today will be a healthy day too.
Now let’s talk about the holidays. If you spend much time here you know I love Christmas, and you shouldn’t be too surprised that it’s this week’s topic too.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. How will you celebrate the holidays this year? I’ll be at my sister’s house with my family, and I can’t wait to watch my niece open her presents! She’s three now, and I know she’s going to love it!
2. What’s the weather currently like where you live? It’s not cold…at all. That’s certainly a drawback of living in New Orleans.
3. Do you decorate your home for the holidays? If so, share a picture please! Of course I do! I’ve been selective about photos in an attempt to keep my location semi-private, but I’ll share a couple of wreaths I made.
I made this one out of burlap. Doesn’t it look like it belongs on a door somewhere in the country? Ha..
I made this one out of old bulbs that Mom already had in the attic and a wire hanger. It was so easy, and I kind of love it.
4. What is your favorite Christmas movie? I have multiple favorites, but Elf is at the top of the list! I watched it over the weekend with friends, and I’m already ready to watch it again.
5. What is your favorite Christmas songs? Gosh..I love so many! I suppose my favorite is Baby, It’s Cold Outside. I also love Oh Holy Night, I’ll Be Home For Christmas and Sleigh Ride…and Joy To the World. The list could go on and on…
6. Do you have an advent calendar? I made one a few years ago when I lived in NY, but it stayed there when I left. I didn’t think about making one this year because I was busy moving and adjusting. I’d love to make a new one for next year though!
7. Do you prefer color lights or white lights? I think white is so elegant, but the colorful ones are my favorite. Must. Have. Colored. Lights.
8. What is your favorite food to eat over the holidays? Oh jeez…I think we all know I love lots of holiday treats! I’d say my favorites are my sugar cookies and peanut butter fudge. I also love Mom’s carrot cake, but she doesn’t make it every year.
9. Do you display a live tree, or do you prefer fake trees? I chose a live tree because they’re so beautiful and smell so good. I’ll plant a new one in the spring…
10. What would you need to make your holiday perfect this year? I’ll be surrounded by my family. If I get to see Lance again during the holidays I’ll have everything I want this year.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!!!!!