Impending Death and My Aching Heart

Today has had its ups and downs, and as I write this I should be sleeping. Classes started again today, but I have other things on my mind right now.  My Great Aunt Meme is not expected to live for more than a few more hours, and that makes everything else in my life seem trivial.

mememountains

I know that we will all die at some point, but it’s difficult to know that soon she won’t be here any more. I love her with all of my heart, and I have never doubted her love for me.

I am thankful for the time that I have gotten to spend with her recently. Dad and I visited her at Thanksgiving, and I saw her a few months earlier when Clint (aka The Suit) and I went to Houston. He was here with me tonight, and he just listened as I told him about her status and my plans to be there.

It is incredibly hard to accept that I will not see her again, and I don’t know what else to say tonight. I know that she won’t suffer when she’s gone, but my heart still feels broken.

She is the most kind-hearted, pure, loving and non-judgmental person one could ever hope to know, and she is part of so many of my favorite childhood memories.

She has loved me since the day I was born, and I have loved her my whole life too.

meme

God bless her, and all of the people who have loved her and been loved by her.

Early
    January 16, 2013 at 5:30 am

I’m sorry. May God bless her soul, and may your heart find comfort and be healed.

Airlie
    January 16, 2013 at 6:05 am

Hugs sweety! And what a beautiful tribute!

Aimee
    January 16, 2013 at 6:49 am

I’m so sorry Kenlie. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

annamarie
    January 16, 2013 at 7:46 am

So sorry to read about this. My prayers are with you. Hold on to those memories, it is what gets you through the pain.

shannon
    January 16, 2013 at 8:51 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I lost my aunt (more like my second mom) 2 years ago on January 2…it was very sudden. There is nothing that can be said that will ease your pain, all you can do is hold onto the memories and keep her spirit alive in your heart.

Shannon
    January 16, 2013 at 9:30 am

Hugs Kenlie. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Patty
    January 16, 2013 at 10:19 am

I know how difficult these moments can be. Just be there for her in any way you can. She knows you love her and that love will comfort her at this time. My heart goes out to you and your family. {{{Hugs}}}

Sarah
    January 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm

So sorry for your loss.. *hugs*

Grace @ Grace Dishes
    January 16, 2013 at 3:21 pm

It sounds like you had a truly special relationship with your great aunt. I am so sorry to hear this news.

Tammy
    January 16, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Kenlie. My prayers are with you and your family.

Amy
    January 16, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I so sorry Kenlie. My prayers are with you and your family.

Kari
    January 16, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Very sorry for your loss.

dad
    January 17, 2013 at 12:37 am

In my nearly 65 years, I can say, I never saw or heard her raise her voice in anger and that made this lady one of a kind.
    Always sweet and gracious.
    And what a smile. It’s hard to believe there won’t be another. Ah, but the memories, the mental picture will be there as long as I live. What a precious lady. What a precious lady indeed.

January 17, 2013 at 3:09 am

I’m glad I’ll get to see you this weekend, Dad…but I’m sad for the reason….<3 <3 <3

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily
    January 17, 2013 at 1:12 pm

So very sorry, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. xoxo

trisha
    January 17, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, my Mom was an identical twin and when my Aunt passed away it broke my heart worse than anything, my own Mom passed away just six months later and to this day I don’t care what her death certificate says, she died of a broken heart.

Wishing you and your family much love and strength during this difficult time, this was hard to read. May your memories and love comfort you.

trisha
    January 17, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Erin
    January 17, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I’m sorry. 🙁 I will be praying for you and your family.

Valerie
    January 18, 2013 at 12:45 am

Kenlie, I’m so sorry for the loss of your great aunt…hugs & prayers for you and your family.

Tiffany
    January 18, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Kenz,

I know that you’re hurting right now and I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you’re in my thoughts and I’m sending you *hugs*. I know you’re a strong lady. I hope that the memories you had with her help you heal.

Love,
    Tiffany

Diana
    January 18, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Kenlie, I’m so sorry for your loss. You can just see the kindness in her face. I wish you and your family strength and peace – may your memories of this sweet lady comfort you.

MamaBearJune
    January 18, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I’m so sorry. Praying you will find comfort in the loving memories.

Denise Reno
    January 19, 2013 at 4:50 pm

My heart goes out for you. I know the pain of losing someone so close. Please don’t let this situation derail you from your goal! You are an inspiration to me. Thank you.

cookie
    January 21, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I am so sorry.

Bella
    January 21, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in all your memories of your aunt.