Well, it has been 24 hours since my last post, and I’m still tired. I’m not so exhausted that I can barely keep my eyes open, but I’m still more worn out than I usually am. After Shannon and I worked out today, I realized that my head was pounding. I don’t feel well at all which makes it easier to understand why I’m so sleepy.
Thankfully, tomorrow (actually today) is Fat Tuesday which is an official holiday in Louisiana. Banks and post offices are closed, as are schools and stores are closed. It’s a big deal here, and I’m looking forward to a day of rest. I came to Mom’s house earlier today, and I’ll return to my place at some point Wednesday after the crowds clear out. I’m heading out of town Friday too so I’m thrilled about this short week!
I didn’t post my answers for FMM yesterday so I’ll do it now. I don’t know if I’ve ever written them and not shared my own answers. Why start now?
Personal Quirks and Habits
1. Share one unique character trait that sets you apart from your friends. My friends are all different, but we have at least a few things in common.
2. List at least two pet peeves that always aggravate you.
– It bothers me when a door is almost closed instead of being completely shut.
3. Is there a word or phrase that you say so regularly that people expect to hear it from you? “just sayin'”
4. Are you a risk taker, or do you typically play it safe? Oh, I’m a risk taker…definitely. I try to be smart, but I’m not afraid to try and fail.
5. Describe your life as it was in high school. Are you the same person? Have you changed? I was silly and lovable, and I adored music…toward the end I went through a lot of things that changed me, and I like the person I am now more than the person I was back then..
6. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done that you’re glad you did? Moving to New York tops the list, but hopping on a plane to workout with Richard Simmons was crazy and amazing too!
7. Do you ever talk to yourself? If so, share an example. Yes. Doesn’t everyone? I give myself pep talks, and sometimes I practice what I’ll say on TV or in front of a group, and I’ll anticipate follow-up questions.
8. Share something you did that unexpectedly helped shape your life. I went to a Weight Watchers meeting on a whim, and though I’m not at my goal yet, my life certainly has changed for the better. I wish I could find an incredible meeting in New Orleans. The people at my last one were lovely. It just wasn’t the meeting for me.
9. Do you follow a strict routine, or are you a free spirit? Are you somewhere in between? Good grief, I have lacked routine since leaving NY, but I’m finally falling into some new ones. I still travel on a whim occasionally, and I try a lot of new things. I’m not sure I’ll ever follow a strict routine, but I feel grounded in spite of it. I like being in the middle.
10. Share something about yourself that you hope will inspire others. I don’t quit. I waste a lot of time and effort, but I don’t quit.
It’s weird to answer these questions on a Tuesday, but it happens, right? I see FMM posts pop up all week, and I love it. Now I’m going to crawl under my blankets because I don’t want to start tomorrow’s post by saying, “Well, I’m still tired.” Ha.