weight loss

Time Flies

The last couple of months feel as though they have flown by! Monday night, after a relaxing weekend, I realized that I had to study for a mid-term that I had on Tuesday. A mid-term!

I spent most of the day studying for the test, and I’m not sure if I did well or not. Many of my classmates weren’t sure if they aced it or failed, and we all have to wait to find out until next week.

As I was studying today, I also realized that I am almost a week into my 90 Days of Change commitment, and I’m doing really well with it. I have successfully increased my protein intake, having at least 100g per day, and I’ve also limited my carb intake and sugars.

It’s not exactly easy, but it’s not as hard as I’ve made it in my mind. I have turned down the opportunity to eat a burger and fries, opting to eat a salad at home, and when I go out, I drink sparkling water instead of alcohol.

I’ve also gotten more creative with what I’m eating. I’ve made some interesting, high-protein salads that were filling and delicious. My favorite right now is the taco salad that featured 30g of protein and less than 400 calories.

image

I’ve been eating about 1,200 calories a day, though my focus has really just been on consuming protein and nutrients while limiting sugar and cutting out most processed carbs. I feel good, and I have lost nine pounds so far.

I can’t explain why 90 days of healthy food seems so attainable, but it does. Taking smaller steps makes it all feel less intimidating so I’ll focus on my next goal after I reach this one.

How are you doing with your goals?

annamarie
    February 27, 2013 at 8:31 am

That is great Kenlie, keep up the work and I know you will see wonderful results. As for me, well I will find out tomorrow when I go to my TOPS meeting. I started last week turning it all around. I am counting calories and trying to put some protein at each meal. I will say I actually feel better.

Hope you hear a good grade for your test.

Many hugs,

team dad
    February 27, 2013 at 9:45 am

Keep it up kid! I’m on your team.

February 27, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Thanks, Dad. I know you are!

Peg
    February 27, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I think everything is easier in small bites (no pun intended) and carving out a 90 day commitment is a lot easier than saying I’m going to do this for the rest of my life! You inspired me to get back on track with reducing my processed carbs and eliminating sugar. I’m committing for 30 days (actually 32 as I’m starting today through March 31) and hoping to see the same results as I saw before – feeling better with more stamina and a lower number on the scale!

Go for it!

February 27, 2013 at 6:52 pm

This is exciting! I’m so happy to hear it!!!

Sarah
    February 27, 2013 at 2:36 pm

That looks SUPER delicious! I must have missed that you were doing the 90 Challenge, but that’s awesome. I look forward to more of your meal ideas!

Sarah

Why Are Fewer Americans Cutting Fast Food from Their Diet Plans? – DrGullo.com – Study Suggests More Weight Loss Efforts
    February 27, 2013 at 6:41 pm

[…] as per Dr. Gullo’s recommendations instead of eating out constantly is a great way to accelerate your weight loss. But even as the numbers of overweight and obese Americans continues to climb, we are apparently […]

Abigail
    February 27, 2013 at 8:39 pm

That salad looks seriously YUM! So happy its working for you!