Exercise weight loss

90 Days of Change Update

It has been two weeks since I decided that I needed to make some tough changes to restart my weight-loss, and it seems to be working.  By limiting processed carbs and sugar, I’m seeing results.  I wish I could lose 10 pounds overnight, but right now I’m happy seeing the numbers inch down.

My protein intake has been excellent, but I need to consume more veggies than I have in the last couple of days.  I just need to make some time to shop for produce which I will do Thursday or Friday. Until then, I’ll eat the green beans and zucchini that I still have in the fridge.

Throughout the last two weeks I have eaten one unhealthy meal, and during that meal I limited my portion to one serving.  I haven’t had a drop of alcohol, which was a challenge when I had company on the rooftop, but I am determined to continue moving forward.  I hate that I allowed my weight to find its way back into the low 300’s, but I’m actively working to change it.

Last week I started working out with a trainer from my gym.  His name is Ron, and you can say hi to him on twitter if you want to.  He’s the perfect combination of sweet and tough, and if you have to sweat your guts out in front of someone, why not do in front of someone who is a constant reminder of what exercise can do?

559695_10200934296146290_593488333_n

After an hour with this guy last week, I was sore for two days.  Seriously…two days, but it felt good!  I’m meeting with him again in about half an hour, and I’m looking forward to pushing past the limits I’ve created for myself in my head.It seems as though his presence, even when I’m not scheduled to workout with him,makes me fight harder too.  Check out my sweaty red face (and super awesome shirt) after a solo workout.

394590_10200954648695091_1753109699_n

I know that having a personal trainer is a luxury.  I know it’s not always feasible, but I also know that I feel amazing right now.  I’m in control of my food intake, and I’m trying break through the barriers that I’ve struggled with for far too long.

punch

Last week you all made it very clear that I’m not alone in this so now I have to know….What are you doing to crush your goals this week?

Lori
    March 6, 2013 at 4:57 pm

OMG! Love your trainer. 😉 I might create a twitter account, just so I CAN say “Hi.” Good luck, chica. By the way, I gave up drinking for a number of reasons, but I can tell you, that it has helped my weight loss tremendously! You don’t need it. Drink flavored seltzer water, it really does the trick for me. Add in fresh lemon or lime too and you can pretend 😉

Becky Martinez-Goyette
    March 6, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I went back to the gym this week after quitting back in November to take care of my parents. I am still taking care of them, but also trying to make myself and my health a priority again! Monday I did spin, yesterday I walked an hour and a half, and today I walked 40 minutes, did Zumba for an hour, and will walk for an hour and a half at my daughter’s track practice tonight…hoping it doesn’t rain so practice doesn’t get cancelled!

We can do this and we are worth it!

Amy @ DelightfullyShrinking.com
    March 6, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Ow ow! Can I have a Ron?? I would never ever miss a workout if I had him to keep me motivated. 😉

But seriously, I’ve been struggling through a plateau that I can’t seem to break out of, so your 90 days of change posts have been really inspiring. I’m training for a 5k in April and I’m going to go paleo for the spring/summer when I get back from my vacation next week.

Good luck!

Abigail
    March 6, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Right now I’m experiencing a weird phenomenon. I started gaining weight when I started eating extra fruit and veggies. 8 lbs to be exact. So I’ve cut them way back and I’m losing that weight really slowly. I’m eating a lot if grains which I had cut down on but not eliminated. As soon as I started counting calories and eating for my skin condition it backfired. Well as you can imagine I’m quite dismayed so I have to figure out why that is. Probably the sugar. And I’m finally making good on my “resolutions” to start exercising regularly. Before it was an unpredictable experience.

Theresa
      March 6, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Hi Abigail, ya, I know the feeling about the extra fruit, it does contain a lot of sugar, I try and do a lot of protein to lose the weight and then start to put back the fruit. Did that last year and was very successful, but then I slipped back into old habits (Carbs and sugar). Hope you are doing better
      TC

Theresa
    March 6, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Love your post. Yesterday I had such a poor choice of food, but today made it a new day and did so much better. With winter here, I’ve just have not been going to the gym in the AM, but now I have a 5K that I’m looking forward too and will need to start running again for that. I always need something to look forward too, so I understand that have a personal trainer gives you that extra boost that we all need from here to here. Thank you again for your post, you can’t imagine how inspiring it is for me to keep me focus on being healthy and taking care of my body.

Steelers6
    March 6, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Good for you! Sounds like your are on track &
    focused.
    Have you had a trainer before? I never have.
    Jillian is my trainer again. Dvd’s, it’s been too
    nasty to walk or jog. Feels good for me to be
    back to getting my butt kicked by JM. 🙂
    Chrissy

sara
    March 7, 2013 at 12:20 am

i ran my personal best today of 6.2 miles with an overall average per mile pace of less than 10 minutes per mile. woot woot! also, i’m going to go for a bonus bicycle ride on saturday on top of a crossfit class AND a boot camp class at the gym. i’m also working out everyday, unless i wake up tomorrow and want to take tomorrow as a rest day (otherwise, it’s zumba tomorrow morning for me!). i’m hoping to burn about 5000 calories this week in exercise. it’s only wednesday and i’ve already burned more than 3000.

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily
    March 7, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Yay for progress and a hard trainer!! Have a great week 🙂

Jodi
    March 12, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I am proud of you for making steps to feel better. That’s what its all about.