Does Anyone Here Use GwynnieBee?

I like to feel good about myself, and it shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone here. 😉  My hands and feet are well-manicured, and I do my best to wear outfits that flatter my body as it is now.  I don’t take risks with my wardrobe often because I don’t like going back to a store to return things when I decide against them later.

My clothing and style choices have taken a hit over the last several months because I refuse to buy a larger size even though I’ve gained over 20 pounds since the fall.  I’m working to take it off, and I’m not going to invest in bigger jeans, dresses or anything else.  Over the last few weeks I have seen a bit of movement on the scale, and I’m determined to need smaller sizes, not bigger ones.

Buying fashionable, flattering clothes isn’t cheap when you’re plus-size.  It would be easy to spend over a thousand dollars for a week’s worth of new digs so when I heard about GwynnieBee.com, I was intrigued.  I’ve seen the name on twitter and Facebook many times, but I decided to try it when I learned that Skinny Emmie is a subscriber.  She always looks fashionable and well-groomed, and when I learned that I could try a month completely risk-free, I signed up.  (Thanks, Emmie!)

Later this week, I will received three pieces from GwynnieBee.  In addition to cleaning, they pay for shipping both ways, and there’s no time limit on the garments so I can wear them as long as I want to.  I have filled my virtual closet with shirts, dresses and cardigans by Kiyonna, Igigi and several other brands that I adore.

According to GwynnieBee, I should expect a package by the end of the week.  If there’s something I don’t like, or something I want to return after wearing only once, I’ll place it in an envelope, notify them and wait for my next package!  If you took a peek inside my virtual closet, you would find a tunic that I plan to wear with black leggings and a variety of styles and colors – even some lace!

I’m really looking forward to seeing what GwynnieBee can do to enhance my wardrobe.  I ordered some new staple pieces from one of my favorite brands, Sealed with a Kiss, over the weekend too so there’s going to be a party in my mailbox!  Now I just need to find a party to go to so I can wear something pretty.

Has anyone here tried GwynnieBee?  If so, what are your thoughts?  If not, would you try a service like it?

Margi Hansen
    March 12, 2013 at 12:18 am

It seems like a good idea. But $79 a month is more than I’d want to spend to rent clothes.

March 12, 2013 at 2:52 pm

There are different packages, but I chose that one because it’s equivalent to a pair of jeans or something. I think it might work well for me, but I see your point..definitely.

jules.joyce
    March 12, 2013 at 3:25 am

I have been using gywnnie bee tor 4 months now and love love love it. More than the fab clothes their customer service is top.notch

March 12, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Wow, Jules..I didn’t know you used it, but I’m glad to hear how much you love it!

Kat
    March 12, 2013 at 4:17 am

Interesting idea, it means you can try lots of crazy things and not regret it. And these days clothes have quite a short life so renting is a clever option if you normally buy a lot of clothes.

March 12, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I agree on both counts. I buy a lot of clothes, and I don’t really wear it again after it looks even a little used. I donate, but this seems like a fun way to supplement my wardrobe with clothes that would be too expensive to wear only a few times.

Hailey
    March 12, 2013 at 10:46 am

I’ve been using Gwynnie Bee for about 3 months and absolutely love it. I’ve been able to try brands I wouldn’t normally try. It’s great to have such quality items to choose from and they add new things regularly. I’ve been very pleased with the service. 🙂

March 12, 2013 at 2:54 pm

It sounds like I made a good choice! 🙂

Steelers6
    March 12, 2013 at 11:20 am

Kristen over at Low Fat Dressing has been
    using them for awhile & seems pleased.

Chrissy

March 12, 2013 at 2:54 pm

They get great reviews, and that makes me so excited to receive my first package! 🙂

Katie
    March 12, 2013 at 11:57 am

I just signed up and I am so excited to get my first package – thanks for the tip!!!

Amanda
    March 12, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I absolutely LOVE it and their customer service is AMAZING. I love the fact that every single week I wear different outfits with no commitment!

Sarah
    March 12, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I love that you’ve dedicated yourself to wearing smaller sizes! Atta girl! (I find myself adhoring clothing shopping. I’ve lost a lot of weight and am constantly shrinking. So I have a hard time buying things because they’ll be too big in a month….)

Sarah

Robyn
    March 12, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I’ve seen sites like this for children’s clothes but not for adults, I am definitely intrigued, adding a little variety to my wardrobe ( I get bored with my clothes so quickly) without having to fork over loads of cash would be amazing!

Jenn
    March 12, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I’ve “heard” Emmie talk about them a million times. I’ve looked into it and thought it was a bit out of my price range. I may be singing a different tune though now that the scale is headed in the right direction! 😉

March 12, 2013 at 9:09 pm

It seems perfect for those of us who are hoping to see the scale move continually. 🙂

Deb
    March 13, 2013 at 12:05 am

I’ve briefly considered it, but considering I have nowhere to actually wear the types of clothes they offer, it would be a waste of money for me. On a normal day I’m wearing jeans or yoga pants with a tee or tank, and if I decide to stop slumming it, I’m usually wearing a dress I made myself. I generally spend about $60 a YEAR on pre-made clothing. Seriously. Don’t ask what I spend on fabric to make stuff myself. That’s an entirely different number!

Emmie
    March 13, 2013 at 11:32 am

Well, you already know I’m an addict, so I think you’ll love it!

Patty
    March 15, 2013 at 11:19 am

I just signed up this week! Thanks to Emily of course! Can’t wait for my first package!!! 🙂

Tracy
    March 16, 2013 at 3:34 pm

I’ve seen several people sign up and love it….I am still into the size 32/34 with coming on down…..but I love how “Bitch Cakes” – Sheryl is able to make her warode work over and over for her….after seeing some of your Gwinnie Bee styles I may toss my hot into the ring for a couple of months….I am already somewhat a clothes “whore/hound” – trying to get out of that stage especially since I do wear mostly scrubs all freaking week!!! And there is so many precious ways to accessorrizy clothes…..can’t wait to see what y’all choose!! Tracy from Alabama

Mary
    November 5, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I’ve used the service for a few months now, and what started out great had gone from not so great to horrible over the last month or so. Shipments are starting to lag, and I’ve had to contact customer service about it a couple of times now. I went to check my closet items one day and received a message saying that 4 of the items in my closet I’d been waiting for had been “retired”. So far I’ve referred the friends who are all paying customers at this point, but have yet to receive any credit they promise for referrals. When I first signed up, their customer service was incredible, and they were quick to respond…a few months later and it’s like crickets chirping…. no response on the missing referral credits. The last five items I’ve received have been pretty far off the mark in terms of fit and quality, so I’m cancelling my subscription. Great idea, but I’m guessing as they grow in popularity that they’re ill equipped to execute it properly.

Mae
    December 27, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I haven’t used them, but if you could order various pairs of jeans from them, that would be awesome. Jeans shopping is a big deal that causes a lot of issues and drama for many women. If gwynniebee partnered with modcloth or eshakti, that would be perfect.

Stephanie
    March 4, 2014 at 11:11 am

I found this article when googling for gwynnie bee reviews. I have to say that I loved GB at first but now I caution you to not get overly excited because for the past couple months their shipments have become increasingly delayed. They use USPS which is probably cheap for them but has the worst customer service for our (receiving) end. As an example: I sent a garment back and it took a full 7 (!) days to receive my new one even though they use 2 day priority shipping and the package said “out for delivery” on the online tracker for 3 days before I actually received it. I emailed GB about this to let them know and the response I got back, while friendly in tone, sort of conveyed that they didn’t think 7 days was inappropriate. I might cancel. I haven’t decided yet.

Cortney
      May 23, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I’m so relieved to see this! I’ve been having the same issues and no where online can I find anything about bad reviews for Gwynnie Bee (maybe they pay to have them taken off 😉 ) hah. But really, Shipments have gotten slower and slower. I’m still on my free trial…to get an idea of how many times they have been WAY off base with time, I started my free trial in March…it doesn’t expire until the middle of next month because that’s how many times they have given me a free week because of delays in shipping. Right now I’m waiting for them to add something (to my now empty at home section) and ship it…I sent them my last package back 12 days ago. It’s super ridiculous. Also, there are over 100 things in my closet and ALL I’ve received are sweaters and jackets…I know I pick the stuff out but at the time that I added them…it was cold…now it’s almost June…In FLORIDA …and all they want to send me out of the plethora of options in my closet, are heavy sweaters and jackets. It isn’t machines that pack this stuff..it’s women…I know they have to have better judgement than to send me sweaters in June in Florida. Ugh. It really isn’t worth it. Also, the first thing I did was add pants…I have yet to get a shipment of pants. =(

Tracy Merritt
    June 2, 2014 at 8:45 am

I was a customer last year and it was excellent – I was receiving new items within 3 days of notifying them that I shipped something back. The items I received were great – good quality, most items I loved. Now it is taking anywhere from 7-10 days to get new items. The items that I am receiving are out of season, shapeless, just not something I would wear. I have been thinking of cancelling, but after reading others reviews, I’m cancelling! I may try it again in the future.