Lifestyle

A Quick Question For Everyone Reading This?

Sometimes I love having a blog simply because it allows me to ask a question and get an answer.  If you’re reading this, I hope you’ll take a moment to fill me in on your habits.

I haven’t gotten a haircut in over a year, and I know it’s way past time.  (Seriously, this is the longest I’ve ever gone!)  I kept thinking I’d wait until I reach the 280’s, but I’m still over 20 pounds away from that.  And I’ve needed a hair cut for quite some time.  It has gotten long, straight and rather uninteresting.

429640_10201017808354043_1388576663_n

My questions today are simple:

How often do you get your hair cut?  And should I just get a trim or cut it off again?

Hair Survey

I’ve decided to get mine cut and styled before I head to Colorado in a couple of weeks.  I take a lot of pictures, and I want to be stylin’ for my niece’s fourth birthday.

How often do you get your hair cut?  And what do you think I should do at my upcoming appointment?

Will Aguero
    April 3, 2013 at 12:09 am

I’m going to be a hypocrite for a sec. I prefer a shorter cut just because there’s just so much of everything else of me (I have issues) but……I tend to let it grow until I look like Ted Kazynski.

Anyway, either is cute. A trim would be fine.

Kate
    April 3, 2013 at 12:16 am

I try and go every 4 to 6 weeks. But it doesn’t always happen.

I always had long hair as a kid. When I was in high school I cut it shorter. It was a rough experience. I cried. Lol

Since then I’ve kept it shoulderish. I only have 1 requirement when cutting my hair. It has to still go into a ponytail. My stylist loves that. She pretty well has free reign.

I’d say, stay in the shoulder length area. But I’m biased. 😀

Will Aguero
    April 3, 2013 at 12:18 am

Oh yeah, I should get a new haircut every 6 weeks or so, but……..

Erin
    April 3, 2013 at 12:25 am

I’m awful at haircuts. It’s been a year since my last cut. I prefer short hair in general, but I’m growing mine out for donation. Personally I think you look fantastic with short hair.

Laurie
    April 3, 2013 at 2:00 am

I usually get mine cut around every 8 weeks. I usually let it go and then freak out and call my stylist when it isn’t looking right. But, I keep mine shoulder length/medium and I’m lucky to have a cut that grows out really well.

I think you look super cute with the short hair. And seriously? You live in NOLA and it’s about to get hot – I say go for the cut! Long hair is tricky. I love long hair, but certain lengths on certain people can be a challenge. When my hair gets too long I look tired and kind of frumpy. My hair texture has a lot to do with this. It’s fine and just tends to hang when it gets long.

Margi Hansen
    April 3, 2013 at 2:12 am

my hair is short in the back (really short, above my neckline) and longer in the front-sort of an angled cut. I get it trimed about every 8 weeks. I have tons of hair and it’s thick and curly so it gets unruly. I have one opinion only about your hair-no bangs!

mary
    April 3, 2013 at 2:21 am

see now when you posted on facebook the other day about your hair suddenly i looked at mine and thought GADS…i need a cut. and style!
    i even asked if anyone gets perms anymore, i used to have one eons ago
    but it is too thin now that i do not want any chemicals other than shampoo on it
    so yeah cut and style for you and me my dearie!

Eric Van De Ven
    April 3, 2013 at 6:23 am

My wife cuts mine about every six months………and it has bee about that long… ! 🙂

Tammy
    April 3, 2013 at 6:58 am

I go every 5 weeks for cut and color. I keep my hair about shoulder length, and it has to go in a ponytail. The color is a big issue with making appts., if I don’t go regularly, the grey starts showing – and we know I’m too young for grey hair!

I think either look is good for you.

Shelladawn
    April 3, 2013 at 8:49 am

I think long and short do’s look fantastic on you. But if you are going into your summer I totally envy people with shorter hair. They literally look “cooler”. Mine is shoulder length and done every 6 weeks because of the dreaded grey coming through. I would love short hair but I have tried. I envisioned Audrey Hepburn but unfortunately I looked more like an awkward teenage Amish lad. (Love the Amish, but that’s not the look I was going for.)

Steelers6
      April 3, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Hahaha got a kick out of “awkward teenage Amish lad”. (not a good look for a gal fo sho.) Thanks for the laugh. ! Chrissy

Jen B
    April 3, 2013 at 9:06 am

I think your hair looks super cute both ways! I would say go shorter, but remember you’ll have to get your hair cut more often to maintain. When I have longer hair, I stretch my haircuts to at least 12 weeks. If you have bangs, the stylist will typically do a bang trim in between haircuts for free. When I have shorter hair, I go about every 8 weeks.

*tara
    April 3, 2013 at 9:40 am

I say chop it! If it feels like something you’re ready to do, take the plunge and make the change. It’ll grow back!

Also, unrelated: every time you post pics, I think, damn, this girl is beautiful. You really are!

Cathy
    April 3, 2013 at 12:35 pm

I go every 5 or 6 weeks, but I also color my hair, so I have to get the roots touched up. Before coloring my hair I went years before going. You look great with short and long hair, so go with what you want. I go in phases, short hair for a while and then I grow it out. Right now it’s long, but I’ve been thinking about cutting it again.

Robyn
    April 3, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I think you should do something in between your long and short, like shoulder length, or some layers or something, that would be fun for spring! I get mine cut every 6-8 weeks because I have to go in and make sure my hair remembers its supposed to be blonde and not brown…

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily
    April 3, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I’ve never been one for regular hair cuts, I usually go once a year and it get it cut really short and then when it’s too long and annoying, I’ll cut it all off again.

Michelle
    April 3, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I get my hair colored every 3 months (process and highlights) and cut every 6 months. My length is just about past my shoulders.

I have very healthy hair considering I use heat to style it (although not every day) and I use good products to keep it in shape.

I do recommend a trim if anything if you want to keep it long. Getting the dead ends off always feels refreshing!

Joy
    April 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Cut every 8-10 weeks…sometimes I stretch it out to 12. I say go shoulder length with some layers around your beautiful face for movement. Maybe the shortest layer hitting your chin – like the length it was in that one pic. Can’t wait to see your new style 🙂

Lori
    April 3, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Sorry, Kenlie, I usually go a year or more in between cuts. And then I only cut a couple of inches to get rid of any split ends. I like my hair long. It’s curly so I just gell, scrunch and go. It’s very low maintenance. Who has time to spend on their hair? I don’t color it either. I’m 45 with very little white hair. I’m going oh naturale. I’m a hippy chick at heart. Probably not what you want 😉

Amanda
    April 3, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I don’t get my hair cut nearly enough, maybe a couple of times a year. I tend to do something drastic and chop it all off and then regret it. haha Right now my hair is a little past shoulder length and I LOVE it. It’s long enough to pull back in a pony tail and still short enough to where it doesn’t bother me when I wear it down all day. I say keep it medium length! 🙂

Melissa
    April 3, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I get my hair trimmed and shaped about every 10 weeks. My hair is longer now than it has been in years. I am 44 and figured I better let it grow before I am “too old” for long hair!
    You look beautiful with your hair short and longer….That said, when my hair is longer I can put it up and do so much with it. When it was shorter (above my shoulders) I only had 2 options. I say keep it longer so you have lots of options.

Deb
    April 3, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I like the shorter hair on you. Very cute!

As to how long I go between haircuts… I got my hair cut in February I think. The last time I got it cut before then was almost 3 years previous. Seriously. I wear my hair pulled back and up pretty much 24/7- when I wash it is about the only time it comes down. I even sleep with it pulled up. I probably pay less attention to my hair than any other person on the planet.

Patty
    April 3, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I usually get my hair cut twice a year or every 8 months. Not that I keep track just the way it works out. Right now I need a haircut. The last time I got a haircut was 12/223/11.

That’s right 15 months ago. I remember the date because it was the last Christmas I spent with my dad. He loved when I cut my hair and enjoyed that I always changed my style.

Right now it super long, so I started curling it with a flat iron. Some days it looks very Farrah Fawcett in her Charlie’s Angels days but it works. I may go in a few weeks before my birthday.

I love your short cuts! Have you tried long layers if you want to keep the length?

Shelley B
    April 3, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I have hair a little below my chin. I get it cut about every 8-9 weeks. I think you should go for the shorter cut!

Carol B
    April 3, 2013 at 9:42 pm

I love my hair short, so, I get my cut about every 4 weeks.

Steelers6
    April 3, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Perhaps I’m no help to say both looks are cute. I haven’t seen it short for a while, and Ooo’d at the shortie pics. SO cute! Was that length a problem for your workouts? Did you do a headband to keep it back if it can’t go into a pony?

I have mine longish right now, not sure if it is as long as yours. I still get a trim every 8 -10 wks or so though, because it has layers that don’t cooperate if they grown out. Would that be an option for you? Long layers?

Looking forward to the photos.
    Chrissy

Wendy
    April 3, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Maybe inch or two…three tops off. do a gloss to boost the shine but other wise it very classy looking.

jess
    April 3, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Cut it!
    And stop making duck lips in all of your pictures. You’re a pretty girl when you aren’t making faces at the camera!!!

April 4, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I don’t make duck faces in all of my photos…It’s rare these days, but I think it’s hilarious so I’ll likely continue….thanks.

Crystal
    April 4, 2013 at 7:11 am

I think you would look good with short or long hair.
    Just found your blog and I’m glad I did you have inspired me to start getting in shape. Thank you so much

Abigail
    April 4, 2013 at 11:00 am

I am notorious for cutting it all off (very short think spiky in the back)and going an entire year or longer before cutting it again. As of now I haven’t had my hair cut in maybe 2 years? Honestly I love going to the salon, but I have other priorities. I am a stay at home mom and my hair never looks a wreck but I don’t go out on the town and my husband and I go on dates but usually just to the movies. I know when I get a job outside the home, and my kids are older I will be doing it more often, but I enjoy a good cut and $50 every 6 weeks is a lot of money out of our budget. I like both of those cuts. With the summer coming you might like it shorter, but that have pony tail holders for a reason right? Plus going to the gym and washing your hair multiple times to remove the sweat, it will dry much faster which means less damage with the blow dryer .. so there’s that to think about ..