weight loss

Four Years…..

Four years ago today I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting.  I weighed nearly 400 pounds, and I was scared of what the future held for me if I didn’t change something.  I was hopeful, but I had no idea if I could do it or not.

3k

If you had asked me at the time, I would have said that losing 50 pounds would be a dream come true.  Losing 100 pounds was unfathomable, but I was ready to try.  I promised myself that I would keep trying until I reached my goal – no matter how long it took, and I made another decision – to blog about it.  I figured I’d make a journal to document my struggles and victories along the way, and I had no idea that my life would change so much as a result.

You would think that I’d be at my goal by now.  It’s certainly not unreasonable to lose 250 pounds over the course of four years, but there’s no official time table for dramatically altering your life. Quitting has never been an option for me, but I’ve been hard on myself lately because that’s what I need right now.  The numbers on the scale are inching down since I joined my new Weight Watchers meeting, but I’m definitely not the confident, secure girl that I was when I began seeing the numbers drop.

I’m not at my goal yet, but I am finally maybe, kind of, almost starting to believe that I will get there.  And my life is healthier, physically and mentally, than it was on this day four years ago.

Kenzofcourse

It hasn’t been easy, and it’s far from over.  It has been hard, but the rewards have been great.  After focusing on healing, admitting the truth to myself and those around me and settling into a new routine and a new home, I am ready to make this a year of physical progress.  I’m so thankful for everything I’ve gained by sharing my journey with you all, and I’m humbled every single time someone makes an effort to read what I write here.

Here’s to another year of not giving up and proving to ourselves and each other that what seems impossible is not.  Thanks from the bottom of my heart for being here to face these challenges with me and reminding me that I’m never alone in this…

timothy
    April 2, 2013 at 12:16 am

i understand completely! i was over 300 and i lost down to 230, moved became miserable and stalled for 6 years! i’m FINALLY on the program, i joined weight watchers about 6 weeks ago and am down to 209 (was 207 til i had an UGH week) i know we’ll both get there cause we know HOW to do it, now it’s just a matter of making it happen. bright blessings for the rest of your journey!

Erin
    April 2, 2013 at 12:18 am

Love this blog. You’re an inspiration, no matter how much you lose.

April 2, 2013 at 3:09 am

Wow, Kenlie, wow! Congratulations on your anniversary. You have accomplished so much and you will continue to accomplish even more! 🙂

Melinda
    April 2, 2013 at 6:12 am

Congrats on how far you’ve come! My 1 year anniversary of joining is in 2 weeks. Not where I had hoped to be either. But being a healthier happier person than we were when we started is reason to celebrate!

mary
    April 2, 2013 at 7:56 am

you , my dear, are an inspiration to us all
    i myself check out your blog at least twice a day to see if you have
    any fun stuff to post…and well you know i babble to you on facebook
    thank you for being you!
    xo

Steelers6
    April 2, 2013 at 10:41 am

I’ve enjoyed reading & getting to know you over
    that time. It sounds like you are in a good place.
    I’m not at goal either, but I think we both
    probably need to give ourselves some credit
    for persevering; & y’know, hanging ON to our losses
    counts for something. Plus the benefits of all
    the good habits we’ve both adopted count, such as
    no more soda pop!
    Keep it up, Kenlie! (David would be pleased.)
    Have a wonderful week!
    Chrissy

Sylvia @cowgirlwarrior
    April 2, 2013 at 10:46 am

You are an inspiration and you’re not alone. I too joined WW years ago and 3 times while not at goal I’m not giving up. I had and have many lessons to learn to keep it off. It drives be bananas when people ask how long it took someone to get to goal. Who cares? Everyone’s journey is different and let’s support each other.

Patty
    April 2, 2013 at 11:11 am

Happy Anniversary! You are such an inspiration. I truly admire you and the beautiful person you are. xoxo

Robyn Kichko
    April 2, 2013 at 12:49 pm

You look so happy and healthy, you must be doing something right 🙂 I think you should just keep putting one foot in front of the other, the numbers will take care of themselves!

Karen
    April 2, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I am cheering for you no matter how long it takes. I know you can do this.

Susie Q
    April 2, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Congrats on your AMAZING willpower! Four years is a loooooong time to keep anything up, let alone trying to lose weight, so major kudos to you.

Here’s to many more years of living healthy.

xx

Joe
    April 2, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Congrats on all that impressive progress and to your continued success!

Lisa
    April 2, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Happy Anniversary!

I love that you’re making the same face in this post as you are in your Facebook widget in the sidebar!

Jenn
    April 3, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Happy Anniversary!! It’s so hard to remember that it doesn’t matter how long it takes to get to our goal but just that we get there…you are such an inspiration to so many of us and we are all cheering you on! You can do this!

Traci
    April 7, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Thanks so much for blogging about your journey. I joined Weight Watchers 2-1/2 years ago and I’m not giving up either. That is not an option this time. You truly are an inspiration. Keep it up and know that we WILL get there!

Kay Lynn
    April 7, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I’ve lost and gained the same weight so many times that it would be easy to give up hope. Your story helps me believe that it is the time that will stick.

Thank you for sharing!