Sleepy and Scattered

It’s after midnight, and I’m finally home after a long and productive day.  I helped a friend move into his new place, and I got a lot accomplished for myself as well.  Now I’m exhausted.  I still don’t feel 100%, but I realize that it’s probably because I’m running on empty.

I know it’s important to rest when you’re sick, but I’ve been prepping for presentations that I have to do this week and studying for finals. I also have some work deadlines coming up so I’ll rest later.

I’ve made time to hit the gym this week, but I plan to make more time next week.  I’m pleased with myself when I do five workouts a week, but I’ve only completed four in the last seven days.  I’ll weigh in tomorrow morning (technically today) and expect to see another loss.

I have things to say, but I’m too tired to say them tonight.  (Have I mentioned that I’m sleepy?)  I try to sleep at least 7 hours a night these days, and if I go to bed now, I can sleep for almost five hours.

How long do you typically sleep per night?

Shell Baker
    May 2, 2013 at 5:32 am

As much as I possibly can. 😀 I love my sleep and if I get less than 9 hours I don’t feel like I am running on full. Less than 8 and I am shattered for the day. Less than 7 and the day is a real slog.

JoAnn
    May 2, 2013 at 7:23 am

Sleep….I am OK with 6.5 hours. 7.5 is best and I rarely sleep a full 8./

Tracey
    May 2, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I usually get 6.5/7. I never sleep thru the night. I don’t sleep in on weekends either as I like to be the 1st one up before husband/kids.

Amanda
    May 2, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I love love love sleep. On the weekends I will literally sleep 10-11 hours. During the week I usually get 6.5-7.5 depending on the night.

Tim
    May 2, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I go to bed late and get up early. I ALWAYS tell myself that tomorrow is the day I change my habits but I never do. I tend to sleep about 5 hours on average. I go to sleep about 1am and I am up around 6am.

Joe
    May 3, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I always said you need a solid seven. six was never enough and anything more than 8 I always feel crappy for the whole day.

Margi Hansen
    May 4, 2013 at 12:49 am

I’m good for about 7 hours or so. If I go much over 8 I feel sluggish all day. If I go under 6 I’m exhausted

Katie
    May 6, 2013 at 1:06 am

My life/fitness goal last week was to get 8 each night–I probably got a little more than 7, which was pretty good.

🙂