Friends Lifestyle Reflection

What Are Your Summer Travel Plans?

Do you ever go through periods of life in which you feel like you can’t catch up?  I’m going through that right now, but I feel like I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

After feeling sick for over a week, I recovered (apart from the coughing that won’t stop)  just in time for finals.  The most difficult exam I’ll take  will be today, and my brain is fried from the studying I’ve been doing. Thankfully, it is also the last final I have to take this semester, but I have a B in the class right now (which is totally unacceptable) so I have to ace it.  Wish me luck!

Between being under the weather and studying (and let’s be honest – procrastinating when I should have been studying,) my workouts have suffered lately.  I’ve managed to hit the gym upstairs a few times, but I’m not doing my best.  I’m not even coming close, and there’s really no excuse for that.

When class is over today, I’ll have two weeks off before my summer courses begin.  I have spent far too long trying to figure out how I can make my summer class schedule work with my travel schedule.  It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be, but I think I have it figured out.

I’m looking forward to Summer because I’m going to some great places, seeing some extraordinary people and attending some highly anticipated events.

Fitbloggin will be the first of them, and I can’t wait! This will be my third year to attend, and there are so many people that need to be prepared for gigantic hugs from me!  I’m looking forward to meeting some new people too.  Will I see you at Fitbloggin?

A month later I will be attending BlogHer for the first time, and I’m excited about that too!  It will be my first BlogHer conference, and I plan to stay for a few extra days to spend time with friends in Chicago.

I’m heading to Washington, D.C., New York and some other places as well.  I haven’t been New York lately, and it’s time to head back.  I have places to go and people to see.  😉

I’m also seeing my sister and my niece when they visit New Orleans in July.  My birthday month is going to be a good one! Maybe a special someone in our nation’s capital will help me make this birthday as perfect as my last one. 😉  (Hey! July will be here before we know it, and it’s never too early to make a birthday wish!)

It has been a few weeks since I’ve been on an airplane, but I’ll be bouncing around the country again soon.  What are your travel plans? Where will you be as the weather turns warm?

mary
    May 7, 2013 at 8:49 am

i live vicariously through your travels.
    i have not had a vacation in a few years, i am not going anywhere this year eitehr
    but i am working my behind off for a five day trip to northern michigan for next summer.
    bummer too, i was planning on chicago for my 50th (which is less than a month away) i will be working and taking in extra sewing for money.
    a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do

May 9, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I will be in Chicago soon and so wish you were going to be there too!

Tammy
    May 7, 2013 at 10:26 am

We haven’t planned anything definite, but we are thinking about going back to The Big Cedar Lodge (owned by Bass Pro Shops) near Branson, MO in early June. It is a beautiful, Adirondack-style resort in the Ozarks. Seriously, check the website. Also, we’ve talked about an East Coast cruise in the fall. We’ve never been to that part of the country, so it would be nice to go somewhere new.

You are lucky that you don’t have the kind of job that limits your vacation time! I have to plan everything around the 4 weeks I get, plus when I’m on call! Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for the amount of vacation time I get, but it would be nice for it to be unlimited!

May 9, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I’d love to go to Branson over the Summer. I have friends there. 🙂

I don’t have unlimited vacation time…Ha I’m just strategic about planning around what I *must* do in New Orleans and what I can do from anywhere.

s
    May 7, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I really enjoy reading your blog. What are you going to school for? Do you like it? I miss being a student, all that great time off and flex schedule! I’d go back in a heartbeat if someone gave me a bunch of money (I already have 2 degrees but I’d go and get some useless masters or something). I had sooo much more time to exercise when I was a sudent. Don’t take it for granted!

May 9, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Thanks. I’m studying PR and Marketing because I love the work involved in it.

Michelle @The Running Jewess
    May 8, 2013 at 2:11 am

My summer plans are a bit outrageous. I’ll be starting off with a graduation trip (only six weeks, eek!) to Yosemite, Napa, and LA. Then I’m jetting up to sleep with you at Fitbloggin. 🙂

After that I’m going to be back in San Francisco to move out of my apartment before I run away to Africa. I want to see the world, why not make it to my fourth continent this summer? Once I return from that it is off to Burning Man. Probably a few small trips to Pennsylvania, New York, and Phoenix to visit friends and family. And finally I’ll return to SF where I will hopefully (crossing my fingers) have a job. Aah the life of a grad student…

May 9, 2013 at 1:51 pm

So glad you’re sleeping with me during Fitbloggin. It’s a guarantee that I’ll get to spend time with you….Love it!

sarah
    May 8, 2013 at 11:28 am

my husband and i are headed to france and switzerland at the end of june.
    we will be taking our 2 teenagers! i cant wait, it will be an amazing trip!

May 9, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I love both countries, but it’s been years since I’ve been to them. Have an amazing trip!!!!!!