Greetings from Portland! Fitbloggin’ has come and gone, but I’m still here enjoying life with people who are important to me. I have been reminded all weekend how much the internet has affected my life which will be reflected in this week’s post. I wonder if you’ll share my thoughts, or if you’ll look at the internet differently.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Have you ever met anyone online before meeting them in person? I have, indeed. I was surrounded by amazing people all weekend, most of whom I would never have met without my little blog.
2. What is your opinion on social media’s impact on our society? Does it make life better or worse? I think it has helped shorten our attention spans, but it has also helped the world seem like a smaller place. I think it’s wonderful overall, but I still crave personal relationships too.
3. Do you believe that it’s possible to fall in love with someone that you’ve never met in person? I’m not an expert on this. I’m inclined to say yes, but I think you have to spend time with someone to confirm feelings or to allow them to grow into something real and sustainable.
4. Do you prefer to shop in stores or online? I prefer instant gratification. I also prefer to try clothes on before I buy them so I prefer the store.
5. What blogging platform do you use? (WordPress, Blogger, something else?) I do self hosting on WordPress.org, and I like it most of the time.
6. Have you ever blogged for another site? Would you? I’ve written blog posts for fellow bloggers and for sites like Sparkpeople.com.
7. Do you use services like Netflix and Hulu? I go through phases in which I use Netflix, but it’s not something that I subscribe to now. I go through phases in which I watch more TV, but I just have cable and a DVR box.
8. Would you prefer to get blog comments or to interact on twitter? I like both, but I’ve been feeling pretty invisible on twitter lately. Maybe that will change soon.
9. Do you prefer to read books or e-books? I like both, but it’s so easy (especially when I travel) to read books on my tablet. If I had to choose one, I’d choose electronic books, but I’m glad I can do both.
10. Share at least one experience that you would not have had without being a blog author. I wouldn’t have known about Fitbloggin’, and i definitely wouldn’t have had reason to attend if I were not a blogger. I’m so thankful for the experiences and the memories that I’ve made inside this community of wonderful, imperfect, sincere and caring group of people.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and say hi to someone new this week. Happy Monday, lovies! =)