I’m sitting on a beautiful swing in City Park as I write this, and I’m captivated by beauty that I didn’t know existed here.
Being surrounded by fountains and palm trees in a place that was flooded and broken several years prior makes me wonder what your community is like.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Where were you born? Did you grow up there? I was born in Louisiana, but we moved away when I was 5 or 6 years old. I live here now, but I lived in several other places first.
2. Tell us about your favorite spot in your city. I’m content wherever my friends are. Im also quite happy to be on my rooftop in the pool.
3. Do you volunteer for any organizations? If so, will you tell us about it? I do, but I’d like to do more.
4. Tell us about your favorite local restaurant. New Orleans is filled with amazing restaurants. My favorite, which I may have mentioned lately, is Domenica. I also love Palace Cafe.
5. Has your city ever experienced tragedy? If so, how did it recover? I didn’t live here during Hurricane Katrina, but my mom was affected. It’s hard to imagine that my neighborhood was under water at that time.
6. Share at least one unique thing about your neighborhood. There are streetcars all over my neighborhood, but I’ve never been on one. I’ll try to change that soon.
7. If you could do one small thing to change your community, what would you do? New Orleans has experienced so many positive changes over the last few years, and I hope to contribute by starting my own little business.
8. The Powerball is currently up to 400 million dollars. Would you move to a different place if you won? I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I’d stick around New Orleans for a little while. I’d buy an apartment in Manhattan too, but I wouldn’t be in a rush to leave my family, friends, school and the life I’ve built here over the last (almost) year.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!