Omron Fitness Mamavation Steps Challenge: One Month Later

If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, you probably know that I have spent the last month participating in a Mamavation challenge using an Omron Fitness pedometer.  You may also know that I have become mildly obsessed with counting my steps.

Omron Pedometer

The challenge has been a spectacular motivator for me because it required me to do more basic, yet effective cardio than I had been doing.  I’ve used that motivation to explore my neighborhood, my city and surrounding areas, and I’m happy to report that I feel better about my fitness goals than I have in months.

When I learned that I had been selected to be a paid to use the product and share my thoughts on it, I was excited, but I had no idea that I would love it as much as I do.  The challenge officially ended today, but you will still see daily updates as I continue to challenge myself to exceed 10,000 steps everyday.  I’d like to exceed my personal record (over 20,000 at some point in the next week as well.)

omron pedometer

Throughout the challenge, I was asked by many people whether or not I thought the pedometer was worth the money, and the answer is absolutely yes.  Uploading the info (which I only had to do once during the challenge) allowed me to track my progress, and it is awesome to see my work in numbers.  Another added benefit is that I lost 7.8 pounds during the challenge!

Over the last month I walked over 293,000 steps.  My personal record exceeded 20,000 steps, and there was only a couple of days in which I didn’t reach my goal.  I’m proud of myself for pursuing this goal and exceeding my expectations almost everyday.  I love that I can keep track of my information on OMronFitness.com, and I can’t wait to complete another successful month.

The official challenge ends today, but I wish it didn’t.  I’ve met some incredible people through the Mamavation community, and I’m pretty confident that we’ll continue to count our steps together.

Do you count your steps?  If so, what’s your daily goal?  How has it changed the that way you view fitness?

Disclosure: I was compensated for this post about the Omron TriAxis Pedometer through the Bookieboo Influencer Network and Mamavation, a disease prevention campaign for moms. All opinions are my own.

9 thoughts on “Omron Fitness Mamavation Steps Challenge: One Month Later

1. Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss

My pedometer’s battery just died this week. I need to get a new battery, ASAP — I have the $25 Omron that stores 7 days of steps in memory. Love it, but I tend to get 5K or less a day (in the 2K range on a bad day). I need to start pushing myself to top 7K or better. There was a time when I regularly got 9K or 10K/day …

2. Lorie

I have been wanting a pedometer, how would I know which one is best for me? I checked their website, but it’s not clear which one I should get…..

3. JenB

I became a Pedometer Person several years ago … you could ask me any day in the past 8 years or so and I could tell you how many steps I took that day.

I went with several cheapy pedometers for a while, then did upgrade to the Omron (different one than yours though) and even when I upgraded again to the Fitbit (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE) … I STILL wear my Omron too, as a backup and second opinion *Ü*

Just SLIGHTLY obsessed!

My best day was June 3, 2010 … 43,564!

4. Tim

I’ve loved watching you do so brilliant at reaching your daily goal. I’m so glad you are enjoying counting steps. It’s great fun.

As you know, I am doing my own steps challenge but I still look to people like yourself for inspiration. The other day, and I didn’t tell you this, I really didn’t want to do anything. I was lazy, not in the mood and just fed up. I then looked at instagram and saw you post a few posts of your steps and exploring your city. So I decided to get off my arse and walk the castle walls around mine. I hit over 15,000 steps that day. If I didn’t see your post, I’d have struggled to reach 3,000.

So thanks 🙂

5. Cathy

I have tried many pedometers over the last couple of years but have struggled with finding one which was accurate. I have a FitBit zip at the moment which I love.

6. Kristin

Hi Kenlie! I got a fitbit not too long ago and love to keep track of y steps too. Unfortunately, with two little ones and crazy morning I forget it all the time – frustrating!

I have a newer link party for people to share healthy living / weight loss advice or seek out advice from others – Tips and Tricks Tuesday – and we’d love for you to share this post or any others that might be helpful! Love to see you there!

Kristin