I’ve been really quiet here lately because I’ve been feeling pretty invisible in the blogosphere and on twitter, etc. lately. I suppose it’s my fault for not reaching out much, but I miss my blog friends. I miss spilling my guts here (good and bad,) and I miss communicating with people who have come to mean so much to me. If you read my blog and comment at least sometimes, then I am likely talking about you.
My everyday life has been incredible lately. I wake up happy and thankful for the life I’m living, and it feels wonderful! I’ve never enjoyed my life more (on a regular basis) than I am right now, but my blog life has taken a hit as a result.
I rejoined Weight Watchers last month, and I’ve lost 11.8 pounds so far. That doesn’t seem like a lot, but it gives me confidence that makes me feel like I’m moving in the right direction again (after letting myself “worry about it later” for far too long.) I’m involved in school, my church and with friends and family. Life is non-stop most days, and I’m not sure that anyone actually wants to hear me gush about how great everything is. Life isn’t perfect, but I’m in a good place.
The thing is…I miss my blog friends too. I look forward to Mondays because I love hearing your thoughts on the things that swirl around in my brain, and I love seeing the connections that we make through FMM. Last week I was sitting at a bookstore with Clint (aka The Suit) as I prepared my FMM post. I borrowed paper from him since I didn’t have my laptop. I wrote out the questions and my answers (just like I do here,) then forgot that I didn’t post them. In my mind it was done, but I totally dropped the ball. Did anyone notice? Did anyone miss FMM as much as I did?
My blog is important to me because of the friendships and encouragement that I’ve gained as I attempt to let go of the weight and the baggage that comes with it. I hope you’ll excuse my absence and join me in connecting with each other.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
This or That?
1. Meat and potatoes or pasta? I suppose I’d prefer the meat and potatoes. I can live without pasta most of the time, but it depends on my mood. Actually, my latest obsession is Jimmy John’s. Yum!
2. Do you prefer Apple or Android? I currently have the Samsung Galaxy 4, but my new iPhone should arrive today. (Thank you, Apple!) I can’t wait to get back to what I know is the best…
3. Do you kiss and tell, or do you keep it private? Hmmm, well…I have a small group of trusted friends who know when I want to kiss someone, so if it happened, I’d probably share. It’s not something I openly broadcast most of the time.
4. If you had to choose one, would you choose Facebook or Twitter? I like twitter more in some ways, but I’d choose Facebook because I have thousands of photos there. Are we connected? I’ve been fairly quiet on those sites lately too.
5. Christmas or Valentine’s Day? Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t mind Valentine’s Day, but it’s the kind of holiday that I often want to spend at home (even if I’m in love.) I adore Christmas because I’m usually surrounded by people that I love, who love me back. It’s almost time to start listening to Christmas music. (Yes it is!!!! Just ask, Timmo!)
6. If you joined a band, would you prefer to do vocals or play an instrument? I’d do vocals…definitely. I miss the piano, but I’m not good enough to feel confident tickling the ivories..
7. Hot weather or cold weather? I like all of the seasons, but winter is my favorite. We don’t get the blistering cold in New Orleans that I experienced living in New York, but I wouldn’t mind if it was colder now. I’m ready for the heat to subside for a while.
8. Calorie counting or tracking points? If you know me, you know that I always find my way back to Weight Watchers. I’ve been tracking everything I eat, and I’m losing…so I’ll continue doing that.
9. Yoga or kickboxing? Hmm, yoga. I really enjoy Bikram yoga, but I don’t sign up every month. When I do, I always feel amazing when it’s over. Maybe it’s time to consider another month of Bikram.
10. East Coast or West Coast? The next trip I have planned is on the west coast (next week,) but I prefer the east coast…
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday, friends!