Friend Makin' Mondays

Feeling Invisible and Friend Makin’ Mondays: This or That?

I’ve been really quiet here lately because I’ve been feeling pretty invisible in the blogosphere and on twitter, etc. lately.  I suppose it’s my fault for not reaching out much, but I miss my blog friends.  I miss spilling my guts here (good and bad,) and I miss communicating with people who have come to mean so much to me.  If you read my blog and comment at least sometimes, then I am likely talking about you.

My everyday life has been incredible lately.  I wake up happy and thankful for the life I’m living, and it feels wonderful!  I’ve never enjoyed my life more (on a regular basis) than I am right now, but my blog life has taken a hit as a result.

I rejoined Weight Watchers last month, and I’ve lost 11.8 pounds so far.  That doesn’t seem like a lot, but it gives me confidence that makes me feel like I’m moving in the right direction again (after letting myself “worry about it later” for far too long.)  I’m involved in school, my church and with friends and family.  Life is non-stop most days, and I’m not sure that anyone actually wants to hear me gush about how great everything is.  Life isn’t perfect, but I’m in a good place.

The thing is…I miss my blog friends too.  I look forward to Mondays because I love hearing your thoughts on the things that swirl around in my brain, and I love seeing the connections that we make through FMM.   Last week I was sitting at a bookstore with Clint (aka The Suit) as I prepared my FMM post.  I borrowed paper from him since I didn’t have my laptop.  I wrote out the questions and my answers (just like I do here,) then forgot that I didn’t post them.  In my mind it was done, but I totally dropped the ball.  Did anyone notice?  Did anyone miss FMM as much as I did?

kenlie and Clint New Orleans

My blog is important to me because of the friendships and encouragement that I’ve gained as I attempt to let go of the weight and the baggage that comes with it.  I hope you’ll excuse my absence and join me in connecting with each other.

friend makin mondays

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

This or That?

1.  Meat and potatoes or pasta?  I suppose I’d prefer the meat and potatoes.  I can live without pasta most of the time, but it depends on my mood.  Actually, my latest obsession is Jimmy John’s.  Yum!

2.  Do you prefer Apple or Android?  I currently have the Samsung Galaxy 4, but my new iPhone should arrive today.  (Thank you, Apple!)  I can’t wait to get back to what I know is the best…

3.  Do you kiss and tell, or do you keep it private?  Hmmm, well…I have a small group of trusted friends who know when I want to kiss someone, so if it happened, I’d probably share.  It’s not something I openly broadcast most of the time.

4. If you had to choose one, would you choose Facebook or Twitter?  I like twitter more in some ways, but I’d choose Facebook because I have thousands of photos there.  Are we connected?  I’ve been fairly quiet on those sites lately too.

5.  Christmas or Valentine’s Day?  Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don’t mind Valentine’s Day, but it’s the kind of holiday that I often want to spend at home (even if I’m in love.)  I adore Christmas because I’m usually surrounded by people that I love, who love me back.  It’s almost time to start listening to Christmas music.  (Yes it is!!!!  Just ask, Timmo!)

6.  If you joined a band, would you prefer to do vocals or play an instrument?  I’d do vocals…definitely.  I miss the piano, but I’m not good enough to feel confident tickling the ivories..

7.  Hot weather or cold weather?  I like all of the seasons, but winter is my favorite.  We don’t get the blistering cold in New Orleans that I experienced living in New York, but I wouldn’t mind if it was colder now.  I’m ready for the heat to subside for a while.

8.  Calorie counting or tracking points?  If you know me, you know that I always find my way back to Weight Watchers.  I’ve been tracking everything I eat, and I’m losing…so I’ll continue doing that.

9.  Yoga or kickboxing?  Hmm, yoga.  I really enjoy Bikram yoga, but I don’t sign up every month.  When I do, I always feel amazing when it’s over.  Maybe it’s time to consider another month of Bikram.

10.  East Coast or West Coast?  The next trip I have planned is on the west coast (next week,) but I prefer the east coast…

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday, friends!

Tim
    September 30, 2013 at 2:27 am

Almost time?! I’ve already started! 🙂

timothy
    September 30, 2013 at 4:47 am

I totally missed last week, I kept comin back for days to see if it was merely late. lol then I was just hoping that you were having such an incredible time you just couldn’t be bothered!

mary
    September 30, 2013 at 6:07 am

hey listen up girly…you ARE missed when you do not blog…even though i am on facebook with you!

here are my answers

September 30, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Thanks, Mary! I love my blog friends, especially you! 🙂

Karen @ Sunnytropic
    September 30, 2013 at 6:32 am

Missed you last week; here we go:

Steelers6
    September 30, 2013 at 9:15 am

I am so glad to hear you are in a good place right now.
    It’s music to my ears. 🙂
    Well done on the eleven lb loss, my friend!
    I see you were an android user for a bit; you had been
    talking of giving that a go. Did you get used to it?
    Of course we like hearing from you here, but pretty
    sure living your life to the fullest as you are is a great
    reason to be absent from bloggin, tweetin, &
    Facebook!
    Are you gonna be an Auntie again soon? Can’t quite
    remember when that is.
    Happy Fall!
    Chrissy
    ps–very cool wreath!

September 30, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Yes! My sister’s due date is Halloween so I’ll be heading there the next week! I’m so excited to meet my next little niece. They’ll be here for Christmas too! Woo hoo! 🙂

Amanda
    September 30, 2013 at 10:27 am

I really wish I could get into yoga!! I swear I feel like an elephant trying to do it in class. haha

September 30, 2013 at 4:05 pm

If I didn’t do things for that reason, I wouldn’t do much…hehe I feel like such a rock star when I do it. 🙂

Elizabeth
    September 30, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I don’t always leave a comment, but I’ve read your blog for a while now. 🙂 I think it’s good you’re enjoying your life!

September 30, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Thanks! I agree that it’s good…I just have to figure out what my blog’s role will be in it, I suppose..

Chelsea
    September 30, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Here’s my post:

Happy Monday, and glad your absence has been for happy reasons and not bad ones 🙂

September 30, 2013 at 4:06 pm

They’ve definitely been good..:)

Stace
    September 30, 2013 at 1:15 pm

My first ever FMM! Have been a long time reader but am a new blogger.

And I totally noticed that you were MIA last week. Hope to see you around more 🙂 but so happy to hear that things are going well for you! And 11 pounds is great – don’t downplay progress. You worked hard for those 11 pounds. Celebrate them!

September 30, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Wow…great! I’m so glad you’re here! Welcome to blogging too! 🙂

Chloe@SearchingForAHealthierLife
    September 30, 2013 at 1:39 pm

You were missed and I am glad you are back!

Happy FMM everyone 😀

September 30, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Thank you, Chloe!

Melanie
    September 30, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I’m still relatively a newbie here!

I think if your blog is taking a hit because your life is so full with happy times, then that’s ok! You will find a way to fit it in.

September 30, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I think that’s a wise statement, Melanie. Thank you!

Ann
    September 30, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Sooo glad you are staying busy and enjoying your life!!!! Keep posting – I love your blog and your insights!

We only get one life so we cannot waste it with what if’s…

Here’s mine…

September 30, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I want to continue documenting it through my blog, but you’re right…I don’t want to live a life of “what if’s,” and I’m not…win! 🙂

Lisa
    September 30, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Missed you (and this) last week !!!

September 30, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Missed you too, Lisa! I won’t miss FMM again for a while, as it seems like others still enjoy it as much as I do. 🙂

Amy
    September 30, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I notice when you don’t blog! I know what you mean about feeling invisible, though. I do too sometimes.

September 30, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I don’t feel invisible in life, generally, just here..:) I used to need my blog…Now I just want it…Does that make sense?

Michelle @The Running Jewess
    September 30, 2013 at 3:25 pm

And with this post I’m officially back to blogging. For now…

September 30, 2013 at 4:11 pm

jennifer lynn
    September 30, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I played this week…I know, I know, its been FOREVER!

OH yea…Kenlie, I left you a love note on my post!

XOXOX
    <3 jen

September 30, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I love your face!

Natasha
        October 2, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Haha love your reply lol

Hailey
    September 30, 2013 at 3:46 pm

YOU and FMM were definitely missed last week. I checked back for days just in case you were just late posting it. I am glad you are having fun though. That is definitely important!

Ashley
    September 30, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I have definitely missed reading your posts and participating in FMM! Where are you headed on the West Coast?

Thanks for the great questions.

September 30, 2013 at 4:18 pm

That’s sweet of you to say, Ashley! I appreciate that.

I will be in Los Angeles, Paso Robles, San Francisco and a few places in between..

Ashley
        September 30, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Nice! I’m up in Oregon. I love the West Coast but really need/want to spend some time on the other side of the country. Maybe someday.

September 30, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Nice! I was in Oregon in June/July, and it was beautiful! 🙂

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com
    September 30, 2013 at 4:57 pm

YAY! so glad you’re back and FMM too! i look forward to them each week!

here’s my answers: http://makingitmyhome.blogspot.com/2013/09/friend-making-monday.html

Friend Makin’ Monday: This or That? — Athlete At Heart
    September 30, 2013 at 6:49 pm

[…] to participate, just answer the questions below in a post on your blog and then link them up to Kenlie’s FMM post this week.  Then take some time to visit a few blogs, comment, and make a new […]

Patricia
    September 30, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Kenlie, Good to have you back! You were missed (your blog too). The best part is your great new life. And ELEVEN pounds off. Congratulations!!!

Deb
    September 30, 2013 at 8:22 pm

http://debslosingit.com/blog/2013/09/30/friend-making-mondays/ Here’s mine! Haven’t done one for a while but this week’s questions were fun. 🙂

Friend Makin’ Monday – September 30th Edition |
    September 30, 2013 at 10:26 pm

[…] moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their […]

Laurie
    October 1, 2013 at 12:45 am

Here’s the latest from my crazy brain. Also – very excited to see Kenlie live and in person next week.

Lisa
    October 16, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I feel like the blog/twitter etc world has changed. People I used to follow aren’t blogging anymore…it seems like people just use twitter for promotion now and not engagement. I miss chatting with people for REAL!