If you read my blog regularly, you may know that I just reached the end of my self-imposed dating ban. I decided to take a break from going on dates because they left me feeling as though I was wasting time and focusing on things that weren’t enriching my life. Last week, as I was writing FMM, I considered making relationships the topic, but I’m doing it this week instead.
Like many things in my life, my standards are changing. I still have a long wish list of characteristics that define the man that I’d like to do life with, but some there are things on the list that I didn’t realize that I wanted until I took a little break to reflect. That leads me to this week’s topic. I’m not going to get deep with FMM, but I think it would be fun to answer a few questions about relationships and dating.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Relationships and Dating
1. List five characteristics that you think are important in a significant other. I wrote a letter to the “Future Mr. Kenlie” almost two years ago, and I laid out what I’d like to find in my future husband. When I wrote that letter, I didn’t realize that I’d also need him to have a relationship with GOD so let’s move that to the top of the list, okay?
2. If you had to choose between staying single for the next two years (as in, no dating at all,) or receiving $10,000, which would you choose? I’d choose the option to love someone.
3. What is your relationship status? Are you satisfied with it? Single. I’m content. I’m happier with my life than I’ve been in a long time, but I still like to think that I’ll find myself in a healthy, loving relationship someday.
4. Would you date someone who has children? I would. That said, I tried that earlier this year, and I was totally opposed to meeting his kids so I never did. The thought appalled me (though I couldn’t figure out why,) but then I realized that he just wasn’t the guy for me. There are a lot of factors in making that decision, but the answer is definitely yes…if the right man walks into my life.
5. Would you date someone who’s shorter than you? I have a history of dating tall guys, but I’m also single so……. 🙂 I’m beginning to realize that the man for me might be different than the man I envisioned, and I am open to that.
6. Would you date someone who has different political views? Sure. I have reasons for believing what I believe, but I am also extraordinarily comfortable agreeing to disagree. I’m also open to hearing what others have to say (most of the time. 😉 )
7. If you were going on vacation together, would you choose the beach or the mountains? Hmmm…I suppose it depends on the man. I travel fairly frequently (although it doesn’t feel like it lately,) but I’d probably go back to the Caribbean. I love the beach…I love mountains too, but I see them when I visit family. That’s a tough call.
8. How do you show someone that you’re interested in them? Hmmm…Once again it depends on the person, but I’m living pretty transparently these days. It hasn’t always been that way, but I’m relatively forward now.
9. Do you prefer to date people who are older than you or younger? I usually prefer older, but I’ve made a few exceptions. Age is relative to the person.
10. Share some details of your dream date. I like nice restaurants, the opera and swanky things, but right now I’d be happy watching football, talking and just spending time with that person…You know, if there was a person. 😉
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Say hello to someone new too! Happy Monday, friends!