I’ve been silent so much lately, but I don’t want to miss FMM. I hope some of you feel the same way. I think last week’s topic isolated a lot of FMM-ers who are already in committed relationships so this week we’ll answer some questions that I think will work for all of us. We are all bloggers, after all. 🙂
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
All about the Blog
1. How long have you been blogging? Almost a decade…Whoa! I’ve been writing here for over four years, but I blogged about other things before starting this blog.
2. What is the overwhelming theme of your blog? When I started it, it was definitely weight-loss based. Now I’m looking for new direction and thinking of changing my domain name even though I still haven’t finished reaching my weight-loss goal. Any suggestions?
3. Have you connected with people in person after meeting them through blogging? Oh yes…I’ve been lucky to meet so many incredible people, and over the weekend, I got to see my friend, Dacia. We first met at Fitbloggin in Portland. She came to New Orleans, and I got to see her since I didn’t make it to California. More on that later…
4. What do you enjoy most about blogging? See #3. Seriously, I love connecting with people from around the world who understand my struggles and my ups and downs….It makes me feel like I’m not alone in striving for a stronger, healthier, happier life.
5. How often do you blog? I used to blog every weekday, but I’ve been pretty quiet lately. I think it’s a combination of my busy everyday schedule and not feeling like I have anything to contribute. The thing is…when I started blogging, I did it for myself. I think I need to remind myself that it’s okay to write what I want to write, when I want to write it.
6. Share one thing that you don’t like about blogging. I don’t care for the insensitive, judgmental types that thinks the internet gives them license to say things that they likely would not say to my face.
7. Do you talk about your blog in everyday life? Yes. I used to talk about it much more because for a long time it was the most important aspect of my life. It was my window to the world, and it still is. I just have lots of windows in my proverbial house now. I don’t need the level of attention that I used to need either. (Come on, you know what I’m talking about, right? There’s no way that I’m the only one.)
8. What is the coolest and most unexpected thing that has happened to you as a result of blogging? My voice has been heard around the world, and I’ve received letters from many different countries across the globe about people and their journeys. It is truly amazing.
9. Are there topics that are off-limits on your blog? If so, name a few…I don’t go into much detail about my childhood, though it isn’t really off-limits as a whole or anything. I have also backed off from discussing relationships, but that could change at some point.
10. If you could accomplish one thing through your blog before the end of this year, what would you want to accomplish? I’d want to encourage at least one person who needs it for whatever reason.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and say hello to someone new! Happy Monday, my friends…..xoxo