Friend Makin’ Mondays didn’t happen last week so I used that as an excuse to take a little blogging break. Now I’m back, and I hope you’ll join me for FMM this week! I don’t plan to miss it again for a long time. If you were counting on it, I’m sorry. Please forgive me and join me for some fun now.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What are you plans for Thanksgiving this year? I’m going to Colorado later this week to meet my newest niece and to celebrate Thanksgiving early with my family. My friends and I are also having a Thanksgiving pot luck party during our weekly game night this week. On Thanksgiving Day, I’ll be with Mom at her house, and some friends from church are joining us for the day. We’ll eat lunch with relatives and decorate the Christmas tree (because Mom and I don’t waste any time celebrating Christmas.)
2. At what point do you being celebrating the Christmas season? I’m already watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel, but all of my decorations will be up the weekend after Thanksgiving (at the latest.) I’ll decorate my tree on December 1st because I want it to last until Christmas. It’s going to smell so good in my apartment! I can’t wait!
3. Do you celebrate Christmas, or do you celebrate another holiday? I think we all know that the answer is yes!
4. If you could have one present (you know, a material good, not love or world peace) what would you want? Hmmm, I’ve wanted a certain Louis Vuitton bag, The Neverfull GM, for years so I’d totally choose that.
5. Share an idea or two that you can plan to do for someone who may need to feel loved throughout the holiday season. I like to make others feel loved and important all year, but I’ll do even more throughout the holiday season. I’ll spend time with those who might be lonely or struggling with the holidays, and I’ll give cupcakes and cookies to as many people as possible.
6. Would you rather spend the holiday season on the beach or in the snow? I like cold weather, and New Orleans has been amazing lately. It’s cool enough to wear sweaters and blazers and such, but it’s not so cold that the air bites you when you’re outside.
7. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? I love pecan pie even though I’m still pissed that one tiny slice contains 390 calories. Dessert counts as food, right? I also like ham more than turkey.
8. Will you participate in Black Friday shopping? Yep. Mom and I love to wake up early to head out, but it’s not nearly as crazy in her town as it is in other bigger cities.
9. Will you travel for the holidays or stay at home? If you’re traveling, are you flying or driving or making alternate plans? I’m traveling for the holidays. I’m flying to Denver and driving to Mom’s house.
10. List at least 5 things for which you are currently thankful.
- My apartment, my cool neighbors, the view from my apartment and the fact that the construction is over.
- God’s love for me. Seriously, I’m thankful for the work that He’s done in my life over the last several months. I’m thankful for the peace that comes in feeling His presence and knowing that He is GOD. I’m also thankful for NOLA Church and for my pastor who’s my friend and teacher.
- My family and friends…the people who love me no matter what, who see all of my flaws and choose to be in my corner anyway.
- My brain and my opportunity to go to such an awesome university.
- My talents. They allow me to reach out to people, and sometimes they even allow me to help others…
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and take a moment to share it on Facebook and twitter too! Why not spread the friend makin’ love?! 🙂 Happy Monday, friends!