It’s Monday again, and I’m still in holiday mode. (Is anyone surprised by this?) I’m currently writing this post as I look at Pike’s Peak in Colorado Springs, and there’s snow on the ground. Add a hot cup of java, and it’s everything I need to feel ready for the holidays. I know we talked about the holidays last week, but most of you seemed to enjoy it so I’ll throw a few holiday questions in this week too.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
The Holidays and More: Part 2
1. What state/country do you live in? New Orleans, LA in the USA
2. Where were you born? Were you raised there? I was actually born about an hour and a half away from where I live now, but I didn’t grow up here. I lived in Texas, Oklahoma, New York and a few other states in between.
3. How do you feel about stores like Wal-mart opening on Thanksgiving Day for pre-Black Friday sales? Will you participate? I think it’s horrible. As a capitalist, I believe in the free market, but as individuals, I think we should collectively refrain from Thanksgiving Day shopping so that employees can enjoy the holiday with their loved ones. That said, consumerism is alive. I just won’t be a part of it…until Friday.
4. Have you ever participated in a Turkey Trot? Will you do one this year? I’ve never been part of an official one, but I’ve walked a 5k or more on Thanksgiving every year for the last few years. I plan to do one this year too.
5. What was your favorite toy as a child? I loved my Cabbage Patch kid whose name was Jimmy Swaggart. (No, I’m not kidding…sadly. Ha.) I also loved to play Barbies with my sister. As a teen, I loved my roller skates.
6. Will you count points/calories on Thanksgiving Day? I’m always aware of how much I eat (even when it’s too much.) I won’t eat everything that I see on Thanksgiving, but I won’t count the points too closely either. (I should. I know I should…I’m just being honest about it.)
7. Will you watch football Thursday? I’m sure I’ll catch a little since it will, no doubt, be on, but I’ll probably watch Christmas movies with Mom while we decorate the tree.
8. Do you decorate inside/outside of your home for the holidays? I decorate a little inside, but I live in a historic high-rise. I’m guessing that since I can’t have direct TV, I probably can’t having lights. 😉 I’d also have to scale the building to do it so I’m thinking it’s just a bad idea all-around.
9. Do you have allergies that prevent you from eating traditional holiday meals? Nope…It might not be a bad idea for me to be allergic to pecan pie, but I’m not. I’ll just have to pace myself, as one small slice is nearly 400 calories.
10. Is it snowing where you live? No way. I am currently in Colorado as I mentioned earlier in this post. It’s snowing here, but it’s definitely not snowing in New Orleans. It’s supposed to be chilly this week though.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments. We had some new FMM-ers last week so let’s be sure to make them feel welcome this week! Happy Monday, friends!