After over a week of traveling, I’m finally heading home tomorrow. I’ve been pretty disconnected from the internet because I’ve been in Oklahoma, and while Dad finally has WiFi at his house, I haven’t spent a lot of time using it. I’ve been seeing old friends, making new ones and relaxing. It’s nice to retreat at times, but I’m ready to get back to business.
School starts again today, but I won’t attend my first class until Thursday. The professor is brilliant and handsome and really nice to me, and I can’t think of a better reason to take a class. Can you?
Anyway, being off the grid lately has put me in the mood to stir some things up so this week’s FMM is all about taboo topics. If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Are you a registered voter? Definitely.
2. Do you believe in GOD? Definitely. I haven’t always said that, but it’s true now more than ever.
3. How has your readership changed since you first began blogging? When I started blogging, no one read it, then lots of people read it. Now people aren’t nearly as interested as they used to be, but I can’t blame them. I guess the short answer is that it has been fluid.
4. If you could choose between a serious relationship or $100,000, which would you choose? I’d choose the relationship IF it could be with the man I’m currently picturing in my head. Otherwise, I’d take the cash…
5. Have you ever changed political parties? Officially, no…I am registered in the way that I’ve always been registered, but my views are much more bipartisan than they were 10 years ago.
6. If you were put in a position in which you had to be in a room with someone that you can’t stand, how would you handle the situation? Hmm, I suppose I’d try to focus on the positive people and things around me to drown out the negativity.
7. Do you ever eat in secret because you don’t want anyone to see what you consume? It’s not something that I usually do, but I’ve done it. Right now, I’m sitting in a crowded restaurant as I eat lunch and blog, and I don’t think anyone cares what I’m eating. On the other hand, last week I ate another serving of sugar laden cereal that I probably wouldn’t have eaten if I had been eating breakfast with someone.
8. Do you use curse words in your daily conversations? I do say them, though I don’t use them as much as I used to. I like them, and in my mind, words aren’t bad. The feelings behind the words have the potential to be harmful, but I’m not convinced that the words themselves are bad. That said, I try to be respectful of everyone, and cursing isn’t always appropriate.
9. How much do you tip when you’ve had decent service at a restaurant? If the service isn’t bad, I typically just double the tax. If it’s exceptional, I leave more, which varies.
10. How do you respond when someone confronts you? I’m not a fan of yelling. I don’t do it, and I don’t respond well to it. When I’m in situations that suck, I try to respond instead of react. I stand up for myself, but it’s usually easiest to just walk away. If people don’t exhibit respect and graciousness, I typically don’t waste my time with them.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments. Happy Monday!