One Week Later

by Kenlie Tiggeman on February 5, 2014

After sharing my feelings and struggles last week, I’ve experienced some pretty incredible days.  I’ve exercised consistently, and I’ve made better food choices.  There’s still a lot of room for improvement, but I’m making an effort to do things differently.

I’m doing cardio every other day and exceeding 10.000 steps per day, and this sense of renewal has benefitted my life in other areas as well.

There’s so much that I don’t feel comfortable sharing on my blog right now, but I’m thankful for the things that are happening in my life right now.  The last several months of my life have been filled with healing, peace, contentment and love, and my heart is happy.

I don’t like weighing as much as I do, but I’m so thankful for everything else and thankful that I still have the power to change that.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Tracey Walton February 5, 2014 at 7:18 am

You are on a streak. Good for you. Whether you are seeing the loss on the scale right now, I suspect that you are seeing other non-scale victories. Positive things are happening from the sounds of your post. I am very happy for you. I’m struggling at the moment to get back to what I know I need to do myself. You definitely remind me that I am not alone with this struggle. Have a great day!

Jen February 5, 2014 at 7:35 am

“…my heart is happy.”

Sometimes that’s what needs to happen first, before any other progress can be made. You are now consistently making healthy choices, and that will pay off in the long run. Way to go!

mary February 5, 2014 at 10:00 am

they say when it is our time for something , everything falls right into place
i do believe it is your time

Patricia February 5, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Good news. Keep going and stay happy.

Christine February 6, 2014 at 3:01 pm

It’s a struggle, isn’t it. On my own journey, I’ve decided that the scale is no longer relevant. It is a machine. Man made of springs and plastic. I will no longer allow a “thing” to dictate how I feel about me (or anything else). So, now, what drives me is being able to go a bit further on my walks. Going a bit faster up a hill. Stopping less often. My energy level increasing as I continue. I have found that when I eat, move, love, and listen to my body (not the negative junk that seems to collect in my head), I FEEL so much better! I feel nourished from the inside out. Weight loss is the result of living an overall healthy life. It is no longer my goal. :)

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com February 10, 2014 at 8:28 am

there are still days where i don’t take this advice, but on the days that i do, i always feel better: relish in what you are doing positively-the 10,000 steps, the healthy choices, etc. those positive choices are what drives a healthy lifestyle.

good for you for recognizing that you do make those choices! keep it up, you’re doing great!