And Then I Remembered…Life is Awesome…

I was looking for something specific on Facebook this morning, and I came across the first status that I ever posted (circa 2008,) and it simply said, “So. Freaking. Thankful.”

I’ve been in a pretty dark place over the last few weeks, but I woke up happy again this morning.  I smiled all day.  I felt so much joy that had felt missing for far too long.  Three weeks is a long time to be miserable when you’re usually a happy-go-lucky lady!

I’ve been lamenting some things that I simply cannot change, but last night I was reminded of how incredibly awesome my life is.  I allowed myself to be distracted (by positive things,) but it’s a good feeling to realize that I’m surrounded by stellar people who love me and want me to be happy.

I went to dinner last night and laughed until my face hurt.  We went to a new restaurant near my place called “Peche,” and everything we tasted was divine.

Peche New Orleans

After that, I spent the rest of the evening with two of my favorite men on the planet – Clint and Joe, and it was at that point that I realized that I wasn’t sad anymore.

Exercise has definitely played a role in pulling me out of this emotional rut too.  It’s funny, isn’t it?  Most of us know that we’ll feel better after a sweaty workout, but sometimes it feels nearly impossible to get up and do it.  Am I the only one who feels this way?

I’ve spent a lot of time reaching out to God lately too, and feeling His love and comfort has gotten me through this emotionally rough period.  Someone important to me sometimes  says, “the blessing is in the brokeness.”  (Yeah, I know that “brokeness” isn’t a word, but it’s true, to a point.)

It’s awesome to lean on God and to feel that He has everything under control, but the rest of that statement is overly religious rubbish.  Leaning on God when you need Him is amazing, but He heals us so we can bless others.  We can’t touch the lives of other people if we’re always broken.

I feel so much better than I have in weeks, and it feels good to be happy again.  It’s amazing how wonderful you feel when you jump back in and start experiencing all of the reasons you have to be thankful.

Does anyone else understand what I’m saying?  Have you ever made yourself feel better by recognizing all of the reasons you have to be thankful?

Rosaria Cozzolino
    March 21, 2014 at 1:40 am

I feel the same way it’s like you are in my head.

Christi
    March 21, 2014 at 2:01 am

Kenz when you said “We can’t touch the lives of other people if we’re always broken” is such a perfect statement. Thank you for reminding me to recognize the blessings in my life and to find joy in them. God can move mountains, I’ve experienced it in my life. Sometimes I just forget. I pray you decide to keep blogging here. I’ve been following you for years and you missy make the world a better place! Thank you for sharing your fighting spirit with is, it’s simply beautiful.

March 21, 2014 at 2:38 am

Christi, I LOVE seeing you here! It made me so happy to see this comment from you. xoxo

Lisa
    March 21, 2014 at 6:13 am

When life is good, I sometimes forget about Him. When I go thru hard times, I reach out to Him the most because He is the Healer. When it is done, I speak His words to encourage others because I’ve been there and He will help you if you let Him. God is good.

Being thankful changes your day. Love it!

When I exercise, I am amazed at what my body can do. My body heals itself and rejuvenates itself. Beautiful. Take care.

divad
    March 21, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Have you heard the song, “Blessings”, by Laura Story? I think it fits this post.

Denise
    March 21, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Yes, yes, yes!! It is so easy to be blinded. And once you are, it gets really hard to “wake up”! So happy you are in a brighter place!!

Sammy Carton
    March 23, 2014 at 10:45 am

Superb content Kenlie. All I can say is that diet is always incomplete alone, if you want a good body then maybe working for it is a good start but diet with proper exercise is still the best and being thankful to what we’re gaining and achieving everyday is a MUST.

Carrie @ Season It Already!
    March 23, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Absolutely. When I get up in the morning (or as early in the day as possible), I write down 10 things I’m grateful for. When I go to bed, I try to come up with the best thing that happened that day, by thinking of at least 5 great things and choosing a best one. I got these ideas from the book “The Magic” by Rhonda Byrne and it really has changed my perspective on life.

So glad it has helped you!

Danni
    March 29, 2014 at 9:36 am

Absolutely! I also find it incredibly good to go through pictures of a fun summer or a trip or a party 🙂 makes you forget about all the problems, and just smile!