Lifestyle

Ten Things That You Probably Don’t Know About Me

1. I want to see Mount Everest in person someday.  I have vacationed in the Colorado Rockies and the Swiss Alps, and I’d love to see the Himalayas. When I saw Pike’s Peak again on my last trip, I was blown away by the realization that Mount Everest in more than twice as tall.  I cannot imagine it, but I’d like to see it.

2. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I am currently obsessed with The West Wing.  I look forward to getting home most nights and watching and episode or three. 😉  I plan to watch Nashville from the beginning soon too.

3. One time, when I was in Paris, I got to catch a few minutes of the Tour de France.  I had no idea how cool it was at the time, but looking back that was pretty amazing.

4. I’ve never been on a cruise, and I’d really like to go on one soon.

5. I’m extremely sensitive to noise. I just don’t like it. I don’t mind traffic jams, but incessant noise bothers me the way most people are bothered by traffic.

6. I’m really passionate about helping people apply and enroll for college. I’ve helped 19 people with the process since last fall, and I get a major thrill out of watching them succeed. (I also like having my friends in class with me, and sometimes that happens.)

7. Sometimes I have dreams about searching DC or NY for my favorite cupcake from Crumbs Bake Shop. It’s called “The Good Guy,” and it’s amazing.  I’m looking forward to having one in a few weeks.

8. I have Invisaligns, but I stopped wearing them for ages. Now when I put them in, they hurt like hell. I know I need to if I want to achieve an amazing smile, but I’m unmotivated at my current weight. Silly reason…I know.

9. I have friends from the internet that I’ve never met in person, yet they matter to me as much as the friends I see everyday.

10. I’ve taken so many health (science) classes for fun, that it now looks like I’ll have a degree in that area in addition to Marketing/Public Relations.

Tiffany
    May 27, 2014 at 3:52 pm

In Colorado we have the USA Pro Challenge – have you heard of it? A lot of the major riders in the Tour de France participate in it. It is amazing to watch. Best of all one of the finishes is in the town where I work, Mt. Crested Butte. Amazing finish after a killer climb.

May 27, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Yep. That’s awesome!

Stephanie
    May 27, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I also want to see Mt Everest and maybe do the climb to Base Camp. How cool would that be! Base Camp is higher in elevation than Pike’s Peak!

I loved the West Wing when it was on. And Nashville is totally a guilty pleasure of mine now. Such good music!

May 27, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I haven’t finished West Wing yet, but when I do, I’ll start watching Nashville.

🙂

Noxie
    May 27, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Keep up with your Invisaligns. You can achieve your straight smile and weight loss goals at the same time. You will wish you did!

May 27, 2014 at 7:45 pm

That makes a lot of sense…definitely.

Tammy
    May 27, 2014 at 5:27 pm

You could book a cruise to Alaska, go up a few days early, and go to Denali National Park where you could see Mount McKinley (Denali) – the tallest peak in the US. That’s what we did on our trip. Kills 2 of your birds with 1 stone…

May 27, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I’d like to see that too, but it doesn’t compare to Mt. Everest in height. It would be absolutely amazing too though…I agree!

Marc Applewhite (@drmarctagon)
    May 27, 2014 at 7:09 pm

4. Me either!

7. Want some company to pick up that “Good Guy” cupcake? I love Crumbs!

8. Your smile is already awesome.

May 27, 2014 at 7:47 pm

#7 If you’re the company, then absolutely. Yes…of course!

#8 xoxoxoxo

May 27, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Oops…these comments are for Marc…Ha

Renae @ MissFit Mixed Chick
    May 28, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Go on a cruise! Go on a cruise! I’ve been on 3 now and they are really fun. This past cruise in March, my boyfriend finally came with me. He was skeptical at first, but once he got on he had the best time of his life and is already looking at planning our next one.