Quick and Transparent

I’ve been absent lately because I’m finally creating the new blog that I’ve been thinking about for over a year now.  It should be up and going in the next week or two.  I’ve had a lot of good days lately, but I’m aggravated right now.

I’d rather focus my energy on the new blog and all of the reasons that I have to be thankful, but I’d like to get this off of my chest too.

—–

I’d like to go home and curl up on the sofa with someone that I love.  Doughnuts tend to be my fall back plan since there’s no ‘someone that I love” at home.  I realize that Krispy Kreme isn’t going to bring me inner joy or peace, but it will satisfy my need for instant gratification. I want to cuddle!

It makes me feel weak and pathetic, and it’s happening at a time when everything else in my life is going incredibly well.  These feelings are not going to define my mood all day, but I know how important it is to acknowledge them so I can move on from them.

Am I the only one whose natural instinct wants you to turn to food when you’re lacking affection?

UPDATE: I did not eat doughnuts. After posting this, I completely forgot about them, and I drove straight home. This is why blogging has been such a helpful tool for me. I felt the feelings, then I let them go.

August 26, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Good luck with your new blog!

August 27, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Thanks!

Melissa
    August 26, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Food has always been my go-to whenever I’m down. But I’m on a journey to healthier eating and re-creating my relationship with food. It’s not easy, but it’s working and I’m growing 🙂

August 27, 2014 at 3:21 pm

I’m on that journey too, and it’s filled with ups and downs. Best of luck to you as you navigate it!

mary
    August 26, 2014 at 10:42 pm

no i did it through my whole first marriage a whole 10 years
    and i found i was doing it with my current marriage
    i found other things to binge on …like pinterest

August 27, 2014 at 3:22 pm

You know how much I love a good craft day. Yay for Pinterest!

Early M
    August 27, 2014 at 7:05 am

I just wish somehow I could show you the inside of my heart right now…I don’t think I can express in words what I am feeling.

Lance
    August 27, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I understand what you are going through. Be proud of yourself for not stopping. My city is getting a Dunkin Donuts and my new house I built is far far away and that’s a good thing.

August 27, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I don’t mean to sound like I’m going through anything horrible. Life is so good right now, but there’s still that aspect that I’d like to fulfill eventually.

As far as doughnuts in your town. OMG! Thank God we didn’t keep moving forward together because…..LAMARS! I’d want all. the. doughnuts. I’m glad it’s far, far away from me…kind of. Ha

Congrats on the new home!

Lance
        August 28, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Thank you. Congrats on being so happy. It truly is the most important part of life. My nephew Jaxson was asking about you the other day. He always mentions your kindness. Lamar’s is to good! I work downtown now so I’m close, but I try and stay away. Again, I am glad that you are happy.

August 28, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Aw, Jax! He was my favorite. Shhh! I hope you’re family is doing well…all of them. You’re definitely blessed!

I’m so thankful that they’re far away because they were so darn nice there too!

Lance
    August 31, 2014 at 10:39 pm

What I would give for that red light store in Metarie right now! Ugh.

September 3, 2014 at 12:39 am

Red light store? I don’t understand. Am I forgetting something?