Lifestyle

Who Has the New iPhone 6 or 6 Plus?

I’m a slave to Apple.  I admit it.  When a new iPhone comes out, I want it.  I currently have a gold iPhone 5s, and it works beautifully.  There’s no reason for me to get a new phone. No. reason. Whatsoever. And yet, I find myself looking for reasons to justify it.

I’m pretty sure that I could trade in my phone, which means that it would cost very little, if anything, to upgrade, but do I really need to carry around a mini tablet just because it’s the latest thing?  (Yes. No. Ugh…but I want it! But do I really?)

The marketing team at Apple is brilliant because they know that people like me crave instant gratification.  They know that we’ll cave because we have to have the latest and greatest in technology, but this time, I wonder if it’s really worth the upgrade.

It seems as though all the newest iPhone has to offer is upgrades that are already available on Android devices.  I had a  Samsung Galaxy 4 at one point, and it was so big that it was overwhelming to use.  I couldn’t text with one hand because my thumb couldn’t reach the other side of the screen.  That was the thing I disliked most about my Galaxy, except that it wasn’t an iPhone.

I own a Macbook, an iPad, Apple TV and an iPhone.  If there’s an Apple version, I usually prefer it.  I like that everything works together seamlessly, and the folks at Apple count on it.

I’m not planning to upgrade right now, and that doesn’t mean that I’m going to stop wishing for the new iPhone 6.  The 6 Plus is too much.  It’s ridiculous, but the 6?  Yeah…I want that.

Are there any other Apple junkies here?  Have you already upgraded to the new iPhone?  If so, which one?  If not, do you plan to?

Tammy
    October 9, 2014 at 9:04 am

I have the original Samsung Galaxy Note. It is too freaking big to actually use as a phone, unless you put it on speaker. I’m a terrible texter, so the size doesn’t bother me there. I do like the big screen, and I laugh at the Samsung commercial that welcomes Apple to 2012! I have a PC at work, but a Mac at home. It is difficult that the phone doesn’t automatically sync to the computer, but since this is the only smart phone I’ve had, I’ve gotten used to it. I’m just not the type to have to get the latest and greatest – my Kindle is the 2nd generation one with no web access – just access to Amazon. Oh, well, I guess I’m on my way to being a dinosaur!

October 13, 2014 at 1:52 pm

The Note is way too big for me, and even as an Apple enthusiast, I think the commercials are hilarious too. Way to go, Apple! You’re finally catching up with Samsung years later.

athleteatheart
    October 9, 2014 at 9:44 am

I’m an Apple junkie too and I did upgrade to the 6. It took a couple of days to get used to but I don’t mind the bigger size. The reachability function is nice to let you reach all the apps with one hand. That said, the smaller phone was kind of nice. I hope Apple doesn’t go any bigger!

October 13, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I think they’ll do whatever Samsung does. They seem to copy each other when they think of something new. We’ll see!

lynnejordan
    October 9, 2014 at 10:55 am

I am a total apple junkie just like you: apple TV, ipad, iphone, imac, macbook pro – did I miss anything? I have an iphone4! Not 4s or c or whatever. I am so ready for the new one…Get it! all the apple lovers I know absolutely LOVE it!

October 13, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I feel myself pulling away from Apple because I no longer use iTunes as much as I used to. That was the big thing for me. Now I use Spotify, which is available on android too. The fact that the new iPhone will coast a few hundred compared to a S4 for $50 and be comparable makes me feel like a sucker for going back to Apple.

Jill
    October 9, 2014 at 6:22 pm

I have the iPhone 6, upgraded from the 5 because I really wanted the 128GB storage. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that although the screen is bigger, the phone itself doesn’t feel all that much bigger in my hand. Everything about it is pretty awesome, actually. AND I’m getting $200 from Gazelle for trading in my 5, so that sort of offsets the cost of the upgrade.

October 13, 2014 at 2:00 pm

I try to always sell my old phone before upgrading too. That’s definitely a good thought.

Tracy @ My Tiny Tank
    October 10, 2014 at 8:44 am

Love love love my new iPhone 6 plus.

redhotwritinghood
    October 10, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I just upgraded to the new iPhone 6 and I love it. I was using the 4S and planned on getting the 5S but kept putting off getting a new one. I am so happy that I decided to get this one. It feels wonderful in your hand and I love all of the new features. Totally worth it!

Donna Perret
    October 13, 2014 at 4:13 am

Technolust .. struggling with it. Too many Apple products .. too little money to have them all. The iPhone 6 is on my list. 🙂

October 13, 2014 at 2:01 pm