Dating Lifestyle

I’m Plus Size, But I’m Not Desperate To Get Laid

Me: Hello?

Him: Hey. What are you up to?

Me: Having coffee with a friend. You?

Him: Oh. You’re not home?

Me: No. Why?

Him: I thought I’d come over.

Me: What? Why?

Him: You know.

Me: I don’t even know you. You think I’d invite you to my place?

Him: Well, I just assumed…

Me: Ohhhhh. You saw me and assumed that I’d be desperate to get laid? It’s making sense now.

Him: Well, when you say it like that…

Me: If you think I’d let you into my home, then there aren’t enough skills in your brain to get into my pants tonight or ever.

Him: Click (Call ended)

It’s not surprising that my suspicions were right about the guy. When he asked why I was surprised, he was asking because he assumed that no one ever asked me out. (Follow me around for a week or two…Actually, don’t. Gross.)

I’m a pretty good judge of character, and I was right about that creep. He thought that I’d be an easy target. The poor guy didn’t realize who he was talking to. I have faults, but I also have an abundance of self-esteem and high standards.

I wasn’t interested in that guy, but there are other possibilities in the works so we’ll see what happens the coming weeks.

As a result of yesterday’s post, I also received a message from a certain guy in DC who never fails to remind me how beautiful he thinks I am. (Hey, guy in DC, thank you…xoxo)

Sometimes guys are jerks. I wish that dating could be easier, but the fact is that I don’t mind waiting for what I want. And it’s definitely not the creep I met at AutoZone.

Tim Young
    October 31, 2014 at 6:26 am

Ugh what a creep. As a guy I always get extra annoyed at fellow men who are creepy and have no respect for others. Sadly I know many guys who will do anything just to get into bed with a lady but thankfully these guys fail to realise that women are a lot smarter than they think!

November 1, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Timmo –

You outshine almost every other guy on so many levels. Thankfully, I know that people like you exist! I have some other male friends who make up for the a$$es too. 🙂

Noxie
    October 31, 2014 at 6:46 am

Good for you!!!

Brittany
    October 31, 2014 at 9:11 am

Good for you, typically when your instincts kick in about someone, they are right. No guy calls randomly later on in the evening just wanting to “hang out”. This is unfortunately an epidemic across the board, so don’t think it has anything to do with your size or your self esteem! This has happened to friends of mine and myself more times than we can count and we are all across the board. Guys are just jerks sometimes. Most girls wouldn’t stand up for themselves like you did, so kudos 🙂

November 1, 2014 at 2:23 pm

That’s the thing. I knew from how he asked me…I’m just thankful that the guys I typically date are usually much classier about it.

sara
    October 31, 2014 at 9:24 am

Jerk. Way to shut him down.

mary
    October 31, 2014 at 11:16 am

oh lord kenlie….i have experienced this way too many times

November 1, 2014 at 2:25 pm

So what I gather from your comment, Mary, is that I should be thankful that it’s only happened a few times. LOL

Cathy Cordle
    October 31, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Nicely handled, my friend. 🙂

November 1, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Thanks, Cathy. You know I can be a piece of work, but I also think it’s important to respect and be respected.

Nanette
    November 1, 2014 at 8:14 pm

I really loved how you handled that conversation!! I wonder though…..where did he get the impression that plus size fabulous ladies are in need of an easy laid by a dirty dog?!? Keep your standards high, i keep mine as well!!

Robby/FatGirlvsWorld (@FatGirlvsWorld)
    November 3, 2014 at 3:16 pm

It’s not just a plus-sized issue — it’s kinda universal. I know thin girlfriends that have the same issue. It’s just a numbers game. Call enough girls and eventually one will say yes.

Mike
    January 20, 2015 at 8:49 am

What a total creep!!! Its guys like that that give the rest of us good guys a bad name. I’m with Tim on here. As a guy, I’m embarrassed that there are guys out there that don’t know how to properly treat a lady. Good for you Kenlie. That a-hole wasn’t worth your time!
    Just remember that not all guys are total jerks like that one you described. You will find the right
    one one day. Stay awesome!