Emotions Healthy Eating Lifestyle Reflection weight loss

Facing the Fat

I’ve experienced some ups and downs since my last post, but I recognize what I have to do in order to be happy with myself. I’m still lacking motivation to exercise, but I’m doing it anyway. I know that if I keep trudging through that I’ll be glad I did.

I spent most of the weekend at Mom’s house, and I saw family and friends that I don’t get to see everyday, and it highlighted how different I look and feel than I did last year.

Mom has dropped over 50 pounds since February, and our family friend, Linda, has dropped 50 pounds as well. I gained about that much, but they weren’t judgmental because they understand how tough it is.

I know that I have an opportunity to change what I don’t like about myself. I know that I don’t have to choose between being physically healthy and emotionally healthy, and I’m working on improving physically right now because I’ve come so far emotionally over the last couple of years.

I’m eating more vegetables, drinking fewer sugary drinks and dragging myself to the gym. I know that eventually I’ll get back to the place in which I crave the endorphin rush, and I hope it happens soon because I’m tired of feeling like this.

As we close out 2014, I’m holding onto hope that I’ll feel different by this time next year…

Becky
    December 13, 2014 at 9:38 pm

I’m feeling similar to you, but doing less about it! Yikes!
    You’re on the right track – just keep doing your best – look forward, not back.

December 30, 2014 at 4:29 am

It’s hard not to look back, but I know you’re right. I’ll try to keep my eyes looking forward! Same to you, Becky!

Ann
    December 15, 2014 at 1:32 pm

XOXO – it’s all a journey…we are all learning along the way and doing the best we can each day!

December 30, 2014 at 4:30 am

You are so right, Ann. You’ve been here through my ups and downs…Thanks for always being so encouraging.

lisa
    December 22, 2014 at 11:59 pm

I’ve gained 60 back over the past year and a half. Glad to know there are more people on this boat.

December 30, 2014 at 4:30 am

I’m sorry we’re in the boat, but we’re here..together. Yep. You’re definitely not alone.

Gwen
    December 23, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Hi…new to your blog. I lost 40-60 lbs. twice before I found / read enough to get into a nutrition philosophy that I could become passionate about. Once I had that passion, I never looked back. It can be done. It really can. But I firmly believe that educating yourself and finding the right place to put your passion towards…is necessary. AT least it was for me.

I’d say good luck, but luck has nothing to do with this. 🙂

December 30, 2014 at 4:32 am

You’re right. Luck has nothing to do with it, Gwen. Congrats on your loss.

Tricky Fitness
    December 26, 2014 at 2:14 am

Be optimistic that this coming 2015 will be a different year for you. Literally and figuratively.

December 30, 2014 at 4:31 am

I’m feeling pretty hopeful and excited about 2015. It’s just a good number, and I’m praying that it will be a great year too.