Thoughtful Thursdays: Where I Live

Welcome to week three of my new blog link up. I remember when I hosted a different weekly link up and how excited I was when we were averaging over fifty link submissions per week. It was such a cool way to make new friends, and I’d love to see the same thing happen with this blog party over time.

Thoughtful Thursdays on All the Weigh

Please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your Thoughtful Thursdays questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own Thoughtful Thursdays post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Where I Live

1. Where do you currently live? I live in downtown New Orleans, LA.

2. Have you lived in your current state throughout your entire life? Nope. I’ve lived in many different states.

3. If you answered no to Question 1, then where else have you lived? Texas, Oklahoma, New York, and some other states as well.

4. What is the coolest thing about your city/town? The people are pretty awesome overall. I’ve made friends here like I’ve never had anywhere else.

5. Are there any holidays that your state goes all out to celebrate? If so, tell us about it. People go nuts over Mardi Gras. Tourists come in from all over the world to celebrate it. I live in the heart of downtown…just a couple of blocks from the French Quarter, but I cannot stand Mardi Gras. I’ll probably get out of town for most of it.

6. Describe your neighborhood (climate, scenery, etc.) I live in the Central Business District. It’s an urban area in a relatively tall building that is surrounded by other relatively tall buildings. I like it because even though New Orleans is small, my neighborhood feels like a city, and the Mississippi River is only a few blocks away.

7. What do you wish you could change most about the place you live? I wish we had seasons. I miss seeing the leaves change, watching snow fall, etc.

8. Describe your home. What’s your favorite thing about it?  I live in a historic building that was completed in the 1920’s. It’s gorgeous. It was converted from commercial offices to homes a few years ago, and I’m the first person to live in my unit. My favorite thing is probably the rooftop. We have a pool, grills, tables, and a beautiful view up there. I like being up there when it’s warm.

9. Where do you shop for groceries? Hmmm, I go to Target and Sam’s Club most, but there’s a Rouse’s just a few blocks away from my apartment. Sometimes I walk there when I’m at home and just need a few things.

10.. What is your favorite regular activity in your city/town? I spend a lot of time with friends, and we love game nights. We don’t always get around to actually playing games, but most of the time we do. We also just enjoy each other’s company too.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Thursday!

Lauren H.
    January 29, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Hi Kenlie, thanks again for allowing your readers to be an active part of your blog!

I’ve always wanted to visit New Orleans… maybe someday! It sounds like a lovely place to live.

Here is my Thoughtful Thursday: http://laurenwantstobehealthy.blogspot.com/2015/01/thursday-thoughful-thursday.html

– Lauren

January 29, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Seriously…thank YOU for being an active part of it. I hope that others will get involved with TT, so we all have a network of blog friends….xo

Becky
    January 29, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Mine’s up!

linking: Thoughtful Thursdays | Health With Happiness
    January 29, 2015 at 6:06 pm

[…] to http://alltheweigh.com/2015/01/thoughtful-thursdays-where-i-live/ if your keen to do the same and remember to link it to her blog via the […]

Leanne
    January 29, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Hi here is my Thoughtful Thursday – I have read your weekly TT a few times and thought it might be nice to participate. Also, this will give a different perspective as I am in Australia.

Lisa
    January 29, 2015 at 8:26 pm

I’d miss not having seasons!

Vanessa
    January 29, 2015 at 9:20 pm

I love reading your Thoughtful Thursday post! Thanks for sharing! I don’t have a blog to share or I would.

I was in NOLA about 13 years ago for Jazzfest and LOVED the area. I wish I would have had more downtime to explore and just BE. People watching is one of my favorite sports.

Heather Forcey
    January 30, 2015 at 1:25 am

It’s been a busy, crazy day! Better late than never! Here is my post: http://peanutandchicken.blogspot.com/2015/01/thoughtful-thursdays-where-i-live.html

Glenneth
    January 30, 2015 at 12:33 pm

a day late as usual:

Lori
    February 4, 2015 at 7:28 pm

My brother lived in New Orleans for 5+ years and absolutely loved it there. I’ve been there 3 times, and it was a fun place. One of the things on my bucket list is to be there during Mardi Gras. 🙂 Guess it’s different for those of you that live there!

February 6, 2015 at 12:27 am

People absolutely love it. I’m just not one of those people. 🙂

lalalyssablog