Once upon a time I hosted a weekly blog party called “Friend Makin’ Mondays.” The idea was to get to know each other and support each other by reading and commenting on our posts. Does anyone reading now remember when we did this?
It’s been a long time since my blog was an everyday place for me, but I miss those connections. I miss the friends I made in the blogosphere, so I’m going to bring it back for a while. If you want to join, just copy and paste the next paragraph along with the questions and answers, then link back here so we can all connect.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Friend Makin’ Mondays: The Basics
- How often do you make your bed? I make it everyday as a general rule. I do make exceptions a few times a year, usually when I’m not feeling well.
- What are you currently reading? Well, there are a few books on my iPad that I keep meaning to read, but I do read the Bible most days. I read through it last year, and I’m doing it again. I like reading it because it familiarizes me with God’s character over and over.
- Do you go to bed at a certain time? If so, what time? I’ve gotten pretty good at going to bed around midnight, and some nights I sleep even earlier than that. That’s a huge accomplishment for this recovering night owl.
- What are your favorite TV shows currently? Suits is still one of my favorites. I also love Younger on TV Land. I still watch Scandal, but I find myself wondering why each week.
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve eaten lately? I guess I’d have to say crawfish. It’s not considered weird here in New Orleans, but it’s not common in the other places I’ve lived.
- Do you have any trips planned? If so, where are you going next? My next trip will probably be to Colorado. It’s been several months since I was last there, and I miss my family big time! I also have a few local-ish trips in the works. The next one will probably be Pensacola.
- How many cups of coffee do you drink per day? If you’re not a coffee drinker, what you do prefer? I’ve never been a morning coffee drinker, but I started drinking a cup or two a day when I arrived at work. I went a few weeks without drinking it at all, but I had one big cup of iced coffee over the weekend. I got a punch card at Dunkin’ Donuts that gives me a free coffee every Monday in April, so who am I kidding? I’m totally having it today too.
- It’s Saturday night, and you decided to stay in? What do you do to entertain yourself? (We’re talking hobbies, interests, etc.) If I’m alone I like to spend that time reading, singing and/or painting my nails. I did those things over the weekend.
- When you give a gift do you wrap it, or do you put it in a gift bag? I typically gift wrap. I l only bag if I’m in a hurry because bagging it makes it look like you were in a hurry. To each their own, but for me, no…just no…
- Share one thing from last week that made you smile? I could list several different things here, but I’ll share one about my boss. He couldn’t be more handsome and charming, and after lunch with my colleagues I had to walk to my car in the rain. My umbrella had broken on my way in, and he knew it. On our way out he walked me to go my car, and he got soaked so I’d stay dry under his umbrella. He’s a great boss, but moments like that remind me that he’s also a just a great person.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments. Let’s see if we can get this going again because I’d love to have blogs to read and friends to catch up with in the blogosphere again.
Until next week…