Hello Again, Weight Watchers…

I’ve been pretty quiet about the fact that I rejoined Weight Watchers, but I have to say that I’m enjoying the new Smart Points system. I never liked PointsPlus. I mean, I couldn’t stand it! I didn’t care for Oprah’s commercials earlier this year either, but after some serious consideration I decided to rejoin. I still don’t know which meeting I’ll go to regularly, but I am much more open to it than I was when I looked for meetings in New Orleans years ago.

When I lived in New York I weighed in on Thursday evenings, and I noticed that there are two Thursday meetings less than 5 minutes from my office. I didn’t make time for them this week, but it’s on my schedule for next week.

I did cardio on the elliptical this week, and I also tried water aerobics for the first time after work. Can we talk about how awesome it is that I can walk from my office to the swimming pool in less than 60 seconds?

Water Aerobics YMCA

Most of my meal choices have been pretty healthy this week too, and the trend, as always,  seems to be that I’m much more aware when I’m tracking my intake. I think I needed a break from that, but I’m enjoying the app now. It’s come a long, long way since the last time I used it.

I know that food, as it relates to my life, is a result of my lack of self-discipline. I’ve tackled a lot of major life issues over the last few years, and now it’s time to face this one. I’ve given this a lot of thought in 2016, but recently I decided to take action.

Overcome Issues

I hope to find a meeting filled with people who will become friends because the accountability is what I need most, and I’m thankful for the support and encouragement I receive at work and in my personal life.

I made a promise to myself years ago that I’d start over as many times as it takes, and that’s still true. I already know what I’m capable of, and now it’s time to prove it to myself once again.

Lynne
    June 10, 2016 at 9:37 pm

You are an inspiration to so many people! Good luck on your journey to good health!

LJB
    June 10, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Yeah you! I left WW when they instituted Points Plus!

Kath
    June 10, 2016 at 10:28 pm

What is the difference between Points plus and Smart points that you didn’t like?

Good on you so proud of you

How lucky are you to do water aerobic 60 secs from where you work….too cool

Keep going

GeminiJulia
    June 11, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Hi Kenlie! I followed your blog back a few years ago when you were on WW and so was I…then I gained my weight back and stopped my membership. But I re-joined about 2 months ago and feel like it’s really clicking this time and I love the new SP and app. And today I rediscovered your blog to see you re-joined as well.
    The reason for this rambling is mostly a camaraderie but also a Way to Go! for you as you have been inspiring all along and I’m looking forward to reading more about your journey.

Michele Friedman
    June 11, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Welcome back to Weight Watchers! I’ve been a paying member, on and off, since 1983. (And dragged to meetings and forced to to the plan with my mother since 1971.) It really is such a sensible program. It doesn’t matter how often you join so long as you make the changes toward your goal each time. You’ll get there!!

Melinda
    June 12, 2016 at 1:09 am

I hope you find the right meeting for you. For me, that is the key. I normally go to a Saturday morning meeting (I have a Friday meeting with the same leader that I can attend if needed), which is no longer a great time for me, but I just love the people in that meeting.

Jennifer
    June 13, 2016 at 3:04 am

I love that you decided you would start over as many times as it takes to succeed! If you don’t mind I’m gonna borrow that mindset. I’ve tried and succeeded in losing significant weight 3 times now. Unfortunately I’ve never gotten below 250 lbs and right now I’m scared of failing again. I’ve lost 50 lbs atty the moment but like you said in another post that seems like it wasn’t very hard. 100 lbs seems really scary.

Kristen
    June 19, 2016 at 1:02 pm

I wish you the best of luck to meet your goal. One day at a time!