Motivation Monday

Monday was my least favorite day of the week until last month when my gentleman friend started exercising with me after work. Mondays are kind of long, but they’re much more enjoyable now that I’m in a healthy routine.

The guy and I workout at different gyms, but he lives close enough to me that it’s easy to join me for a workout at the gym upstairs. I want to start jumping in the pool after our workouts, but we’re usually ready to eat dinner by the time we’re done.

We eat together a few times a week, and the majority of meals are at my place because I love to cook. He’ll eat anything I serve too, which makes it easy to want to feed him. Ha…

I’m working toward some pretty specific fitness goals that I”ll discuss here more in July or August, and it’s amazing to have his support, in addition to the encouragement I receive from my family, friends and co-workers.

I’m in a healthy place right now, and I want to continue improving in this area. I feel incredible after a sweaty workout, and sweaty selfies are still my favorite. (I suppose I should take some more of them.)

YMCA New Orleans

Gaining control of my weight is so hard, but I constantly remind myself that I can do all things through Christ. Seriously, I can’t even express how much my life has changed since I realized that God loves me and desires a healthy and abundant life for me.

It’s a long road, and I suppose it won’t end until life does. I’m okay with that now. The resentment I felt for far too long has been replaced by resilience. I know that I need to stay humble and accountable, and I am thankful for the loving people in my life who understand and empathize with that.

I have more energy than I did a month ago, and I’m looking forward to seeing more improvement in that area as I increase my level of activity.

Now it’s a new day, and it’s time to hit the ground running…(err, walking briskly…You know what I mean.)

Mike
    June 20, 2016 at 8:30 am

That is so wonderful Kenlie. I’m really happy for you in that you are doing wonderfully in your workouts with your friend and doing all that you can to be healthy. I always get such inspiration reading your blog posts.

And I really like what you said about how you realize how much God loves you. That is what I must try to remember as well as I make it through this summer. God loves me and desires me to have a nice summer and not let others ruin it.

Keep on Kenlie. You’re doing great!

June 21, 2016 at 11:30 pm

It’s really true, Mike. God knew exactly who we’d be, what we’d look like, the number of hairs on or head….everything…and he made us anyway and loves us. I loved realizing that He doesn’t love some perfect, future version of me. He loves me, and that the end of the sentence. He loves you too, Mike..

Mike
        June 22, 2016 at 9:49 pm

So true Kenlie. That’s what I often reflect on as well. No matter where we are in life or what issues we’re going through, God always accepts us for who we are and never turns His back on us. He is always there. And that’s what gives me comfort the most I think when I am feeling my lowest; knowing that I am loved. Thank you for saying that at the end of your reply Kenlie. It makes me want to try even harder to be the best that I can be for Him. 🙂

Melinda
    June 20, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Good for you…you truly are an inspiration! I’m looking forward to hearing more about your fitness goals!

June 21, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Thanks, Melinda! The goals are lofty right now, but I’m feeling good about them!

Maryfran
    June 20, 2016 at 3:28 pm

I’m so happy that you are in a healthy place right now! Sounds like you are doing great!! I love that your gentleman friend works out with you!!!! Doesn’t it make it awesome?????

June 21, 2016 at 11:31 pm

I love it that you referred to him as my “gentleman friend” too. Yeah, it’s pretty awesome to have a boyfriend who’s committed to fitness. He’s pretty great.

Angela
    June 21, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Thank you for sharing I really enjoy reading your blog.

June 21, 2016 at 11:32 pm

Thank you for taking time to say that, Angela. That makes me feel encouraged. 🙂

Mike
        June 22, 2016 at 9:51 pm

I’m with Angela, Kenlie. I too really enjoy reading your blog. Please keep it going. 🙂