Reflection

What’s the Weather Like Where You Live?

Can we take a moment to think about how hot it is in Louisiana right now? I know you think it’s hot where you live, and I’m sure it is. Even Colorado, where my sister lives, experienced record highs last week, but it’s sizzling in the Big Easy.

I worked all day Saturday, which is unusual, because I hosted an art gallery at the Y. It was cool inside, but when I left at around 6 pm it was still so hot that as I stood still, talking to a woman outside, I was sweating bullets.

Note that it wasn't even the hottest part of the day!

Note that it wasn’t even the hottest part of the day!

The good news is that I’m getting acclimated to the steamy heat. It bothered me much more during my first summer here in 2013. Now I expect it, and I’m just thankful that I live in an age of air conditioning. I’m also glad the a/c is working in my office again. (Have I mentioned that recently?)

it still makes exercise tricky, but it doesn’t seem to bother me as frequently as it did. (Knock on wood..)

I love crisp, cool days, and since they rarely occur in New Orleans I plan to take a trip to a cooler climate in October with friends.

What’s the weather like where you are right now?

meema's musings
    June 27, 2016 at 11:23 am

It is hot and humid in Kansas City as well. I have a co-worker that moved here less than a year ago from Los Angeles and he is really struggling with our heat and humidity. I’m a mid-west girl born and raised so he can’t understand why I love summers. Bless his heart I hope he can make the change. At this point the jury is still out 🙂 He has only endured one winter here and it was really mild and he about froze. Oh dear wait until we get a typical winter…brrrr!!!!

I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing your story.

Bonnie

June 27, 2016 at 4:17 pm

He definitely wouldn’t make it here. I grew up mostly in Oklahoma, and it’s humid there too. It just doesn’t begin to compare to the heat and humidity here. It’s insane.

Carly Talamantes
    June 27, 2016 at 1:38 pm

Honey, I live in Houston. Need I say more?

June 27, 2016 at 4:16 pm

Nope…You clearly understand my pain.

Carly Talamantes
        June 28, 2016 at 9:54 am

Ye ma’am! 🙂

June 28, 2016 at 11:19 am

Haha… 🙂

mary
    June 27, 2016 at 7:07 pm

hot and a little humid here in detroit today
    91 currently, with a nice breeze to blow the humidity out
    tonight is the huge firework event on the detroit river which is insane to even go down there
    it is televised which i will probably watch all of 5 minutes of it. xo kenlie. stay cool and awesome as always!

June 28, 2016 at 11:18 am

Ohhh! I saw something about that on your Facebook feed. It looked awesome!

Susanna
    June 28, 2016 at 8:28 am

I’m sitting here, inside, with a long-sleeved dress on, a cardigan on top, wrapped in a shrug knitted by my husband’s gran. When I left this morning, it was +10C but as it’s a coastal town surrounded by water, there’s an ice cold wind in the air, making the real feel temperature closer to +5C (about 40F). The thing is, this isn’t out of the ordinary either – Scottish summers FTW!

But hey, atleast it’s not raining!

Still wouldn’t swap with you though, I would probably melt…

June 28, 2016 at 11:20 am

I feel envious of your weather…totally envious! 🙂

Melinda
    June 28, 2016 at 9:28 pm

It’s actually quite pleasant here in Oregon right now. We did have a heat wave, followed by cold rain, but now we’re in the sunny-and-low-80s phase now.