The Next Chapter

This process is still frustrating, but I feel so much better this week. The last few days have been mostly good, and I finally feel like I’m getting back to normal. I plan to go back to work, at least a little next week, and I think that will help me feel some normality too.

Yesterday my incredibly patient boyfriend and I walked around Audubon Park at my speed. Tortoises could have passed me on the track, but it felt so good to be moving that I didn’t care. I exceeded 10,000 steps for the first time since surgery.

Today my new bed arrived, which is exciting. I mentioned recently that Michael loves hisΒ king-size Tempurpedic bed and that my queen-size queen spring mattress needed to be replaced. The delivery guys showed up early, which was awesome. It was so weird and awesome to lie down on it and let it conform to my body. Now we both have awesome beds, and I’m seriously looking forward to going to sleep tonight.

Overall, things are looking up. It’s still frustrating that I can’t eat things, but in about a month all of my restrictions will be lifted. Right now I’m drinking lots of protein and eating Greek yogurt. In the coming week I plan to try oatmeal, potatoes and bananas. I obviously won’t be able to eat much of any of it, but I’m looking forward to having more options.

I’ve been home for a little over three weeks, and it’s been difficult and emotional. I’m so thankful for my family, my boyfriend and a few close friends. I know I’ve already said it, but Mom and Michael made this so much easier than it would have been. I don’t know how I would have gotten through this without them.

I feel pretty disconnected from everyone else right now, but I’m looking forward to jumping back into life and seeing what’s ahead in this next chapter.

Lori
    October 22, 2016 at 10:04 pm

So glad to hear you are feeling better and feeling more back to normal ☺ Stay strong and positive!!

October 24, 2016 at 12:56 pm

I feel so so so so much better now than I did even when I wrote this post. I’m feeling positive again, which is awesome. It was exhausting feeling down and uncomfortable.

Debbie Lopresti
    October 22, 2016 at 10:22 pm

I wish you a speedy recovery. Good luck at work next week. Take it slow.

October 24, 2016 at 12:57 pm

I’ll definitely take it slow. Thank you!

karla moffett
    October 23, 2016 at 8:37 am

I have silently followed you for YEARS!!! I was surprised to read about you WLS. Feel better and know there are TONS of us silently rooting for you (((((hugs)))))

October 24, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Wow, really? It’s so interesting to know that people like you are out there. Thank you for rooting for me!

Debbie
    October 23, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Happy that you are feeling better. Somewhat discouraging though, that you wouldn’t do it again.

October 24, 2016 at 12:59 pm

What can I say? It’s the hardest, most uncomfortable thing I’ve ever done, and that was an honest assessment. Of course, it’s important to note that I recognize feelings lie and that I hold a lot of hope that I’ll feel differently later. Right now I feel better, which is the most important thing for me right now.

Emily
    October 24, 2016 at 10:50 am

I’m so sorry that you’ve been feeling so regretful, especially after choosing the less invasive surgery. πŸ™ I hope things turn around quickly for you and you start feeling/seeing those victories.

October 24, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Yeah, I guess that makes me look like a wimp, but I’m okay with that. It was really hard for a while, and I definitely want to remember how tough it was. Most people seem to forget, which is awesome. I definitely hope I get to that point too.

I don’t really regret it anymore, which is good. Right now I am feeling better, which is most important to me right now.

Emily
      October 24, 2016 at 4:04 pm

It doesn’t make you look like a wimp! Everyone has different post-op experiences. πŸ™‚ I definitely remember how painful and hard it was for me, too. It’s so great to be able to look back and see our entire journeys. I love social media and the internet! πŸ˜€

I’m so glad you’re feeling better!!