He Asked Me To Marry Him Today

It was nearly eight years ago when I started sharing the details of my life here, and throughout that time I’ve grown and changed so much that it would be hard to explain to a stranger. Let’s just say that it has been an incredible journey filled with ups and downs.

This year wasn’t easy, but overall, it has been one of, if not the best, in my life, and it got even better today. Michael asked me to marry him, and I said yes.

I’ve prayed/wished/hoped/dreamed of being loved by a tall, strong, handsome, smart, Jesus-loving man who understands me and accepts me for as long as I can remember, and at the beginning of the year I found him.

We have been through some major life events together over the last year, and today added a pretty big milestone to that list.

I didn’t think this week with my family could get any better than it already was, but Michael proved me wrong. This was already the best Christmas season ever, and now it’s even better than that. I can’t believe I’m going to be Mrs. Michael. 😉

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays…

24 thoughts on “He Asked Me To Marry Him Today

1. Tammy

Kenlie – I’ve read your ups and downs for a long time, and I am so happy for you and Michael! I hope you will both be very happy together for a very long time. Best wishes on your engagement, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

2. Teresa in Texas

Congratulations ~ what happy news! Many blessings to you as you plan your wedding and begin your life together!

3. Big Cheddar

I’ve read your blog for years (since you just before you left NYC), but I rarely comment. Delurking to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!

4. Charlotte

I have read your blog for some time and have so enjoyed it. I’ve never posted but as someone who finally found their own tall handsome Jesus loving spouse and marrying at age 35 & 36, wanted to say Congratulations! God in his graciousness has perfect timing….!

5. Steelers6

Sooo happy for ya’ll!! I think I’ve been reading your blog the whole time, and I knew this announcement would come some day!
    Congrats to the future Mr & Mrs Michael! So exciting! Your feet probably haven’t touched the ground yet.
    ps–you look like the WLS is going very well! Go you!!
    Love, Chrissy

1. Kenlie Post author

Chrissy,

You’ve definitely been around through all of the ups and downs, and I’m more thankful for you than you’ll ever know.

6. Barb

Congratulations!! What an absolutely gorgeous couple you make!!! Kenlie, you are, and have always been beautiful, but you are glowing in these photos!!

Hugs!