Exercise Fitness

And Now…Planet Fitness

It’s been almost a year since I’ve had access to a full-service gym, and I decided that it was time to change that. Planet Fitness is close to home, inexpensive, and the 30-minute express workout seems like a good option for me as I strive to get back into a fitness groove.

Leaving my marketing position at the YMCA was an incredible blessing for a number of reasons and because even when I was there, I didn’t take advantage of working only steps away from a gym. Yes, I worked out. Yes, I was able to positively impact a lot of people. And yes, I got certified to teach group fitness, but my life and career have blossomed in incredible ways since I left.

Working in higher education is a dream come true for me, and while I do have access to a state-of-the-art gym on campus, I’d rather hit the gym after work at a location that’s closer to home.

As I was looking through membership options at Planet Fitness, I decided that the black membership is the way to go. Michael can join me anytime, and the hydromassage is also a nice benefit. The location that I’ll visit most frequently is less than 10 minutes from home, so it will be easy enough to go before or after work. My plan is to start with the 30-minute express workout and develop from there.

It’s been a long time since I chased endorphins on a regular basis, and I’m excited about it.

Does anyone here go to Planet Fitness? If so, how do you like it compared to other gyms that you’ve been to?

Cathy
    June 13, 2018 at 4:44 am

We belonged to PF for 2 years. Never went. It was impossible to find a parking spot unless you were there in the middle of the day. That being said, I have lots of friends who love PF. So glad you’re getting back to it!

Shelly Stacey
    June 13, 2018 at 7:04 am

I adore PF! I feel comfortable there as opposed to the other gyms in town. Walking into those, I always got the feeling like I shouldn’t be there. I’m so glad PF is here.

meglennethcom
    June 13, 2018 at 7:25 am

i belonged to the PF here twice – and loved it both times. it was always super clean. you could pretty much get the equipment you wanted/needed. the cost can’t be beat. the staff here was incredibly friendly and helpful. the massage beds are fantastic. i think PF gets a bad rap sometimes. hope you enjoy yours!

Carolyn Beaune
    June 13, 2018 at 8:03 am

I just joined. So far, I’m getting in the grove and liking it. I was intimated at first. I know, no gymintimatation! But I would be intimated at any gym. I’m not physically fit, but I’m working at it. I tell myself that many others likely feel the same way. I’ve been fortunate that the one I go to in Michigan has an awesome trainer. I took advantage of the orientation (to learn equipment) and he walked me through the 30 minute circuit. He is very encouraging. I’m post bariatric and have a lot of hanging skin. I’m just hoping everyone isn’t watching it flop around. LOL I went online and researched why some people hate PF. It appears it is either general haters (really sad haters) or body builder types. I think you can utilize the resources available if you want something to work for you. I’m working on making it work. I’ll be interested to hear how your experience goes.

June 17, 2018 at 10:25 pm

I really like the 30-minute circuit. I’l definitely share my thoughts as I progress. Congrats to you for getting into a good groove. I’m hoping that I can say the same thing again soon!

Ann
    June 13, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Enjoy! I have never been to PF but I hear great things about it! I am a member at LA but I never go anymore since I have been doing barre. Enjoy – it wont be long until it becomes old hat again! You got this!

Shelly
    June 14, 2018 at 5:33 am

I like PF. It has everything I need. I started with the 30 minute circuit and moved on as I felt ready

June 17, 2018 at 10:24 pm

I’d love for it to become old hat again. I can’t wait!

Maryfran
    June 14, 2018 at 5:44 am

I have been a member of planet fitness once or twice. I had no problems with it at all!

David
    June 14, 2018 at 5:20 pm

I think you’ll love PF. I didn’t splurge on the Black membership, but the basic serves my needs just fine. I enjoy the 30-minute Express Workout, too, although I get annoyed, at my location, by people who don’t use that room for its intended purpose.

June 17, 2018 at 10:23 pm

This is really great feedback coming from you. I’m encouraged by it. I’ve enjoyed that workout in the past, and it reminds me of siliar workouts I did at Curves when I was just starting to learn my way around machines. I’m looking forward to hitting it tomorow night after work with Michael.