Drinks Questions Water

Sparkling Water: Yes or No?

If you know me, you probably know that I love sparkling water. My favorites, in order, are Topo Chico, Polar Seltzer, and La Criox.

Topo Chico is my favorite because it’s the bubbliest sparkling water I’ve ever had. It’s hard to find, but there are a few places here that carry it. Last week, one of my hilarious colleagues left some on my desk as a late birthday gift. I also buy it periodically when I see it in the supermarket.

Polar Seltzer is my other favorite, and it beats Topo Chico because it’s so much cheaper! I like the plain flavor, but I like cranberry lime just as much. Orange vanilla is okay from time to time too. I can only find this brand at Winn-Dixie, but I love it because they often offer Buy One, Get One Free sales pretty often, which means that I can get 24 cans for $5.00. Win! I buy several cases at a time!

La Croix is good too. My favorite flavor is passion fruit. It’s much more expensive than Polar Seltzer, but I get it when I find it on sale at Target or Whole Foods. It’s still much pricier than Polar, but I like having a variety of flavors.

When I stopped drinking soda in 2009, I had no interest in sparkling water. Now I love it, and it seems to be a trendy alternative to soda now.

Do you drink it? If so, what’s your favorite brand/flavor?

disneypal
    July 11, 2018 at 6:54 am

I don’t drink it but mainly because after my surgery, my surgeon and nutritionist said no carbonation, ever…so I haven’t even had sparkling water. That cranberry-lime sparkling water sounds good though.

Pamela Smith
    July 11, 2018 at 8:28 am

Sparkling water yes!!! My personal favorite is Polar black cherry! I also love the orange vanilla from them. We drink a lot of Poland Springs triple berry, Poland Springs mandarin orange, Deer Park strawberry (oh yum!) and La Croix passion fruit. We order most of it, except Polar, from Walmart. No tax, no delivery charge and we buy a lot of cases along with water so no lifting since we have both had major surgery recently. Win win!

Sara
    July 11, 2018 at 9:05 am

We love it. I converted my husband to it too 🙂 Kroger has a brand that has seltzers that taste like soda! So cool! I really like the Perrier flavored ones but they are so pricey. We stick with Wegmans brand or Polar mostly. Dasanis also are good! I’ve been having a new issue with my teeth and asked the dentist if it could be from the heavy amounts of seltzer I was consuming when I started Weight Watchers again in January and they said it was not as likely, but I have cut back on it some. Cheers!

Ann
    July 11, 2018 at 12:58 pm

I love sparkling water!!! Aldi’s has their own brand that is sooo reasonable! The only issue is they only have lemon, lime or plain and I prefer flavored so the choices are very limited but the price is right! It is also REALLY sparkly so you may want to try it if you are going for A LOT of bubbling!!! Hugs!

Km
    July 11, 2018 at 2:26 pm

My surgeon said no carbonation after Bariatrics surgery. I love the infused waters from Hint. I order online directly from them. No shipping with minimum order. The flavors are so natural. No sugars, no sugar substitutes. Just plain water with a Hint of flavor.

Kate Jolley
    July 11, 2018 at 5:18 pm

I like sparkling water from time to time but found that I had to be really specific about flavors. And even then I sometimes had the feeling that I was drinking diluted cough syrup, baking soda, and water haha. BUT THEN I FOUND HINT and I. LOVE. IT. They are sold at Target and many other places, I personally love blackberry and watermelon. I do have a question for you guys that have had surgery-I’m having VSG surgery in August and I’ve been told over and over and over that I can’t drink carbonation or drink with a straw every again. However many people I’ve seen or heard still do. Anyone have thoughts on that?

sunny
    July 11, 2018 at 6:00 pm

I love sparkling water! And it seems you and I are not alone! The aisle at a local grocery store that had sparkling water has now expanded to both sides of the short beverage aisle…. with a big sign above it announcing sparkling water.. (Not long ago I had to hunt for any boxes of sparkling water and bought whatever they had on hand.) I like bubly – it’s a new one from pepsi (I think) and is a more subtle flavor not as “shocking” to the mouth as lacroix can be. I also like Kroger’s store brand… and aldi’s store brand.. I loved that when traveling in ireland, the options were always “sparkling or still?” and in the store, sparkling water is sold in litre bottles next to still water and not relegated to its own section. when I eat out, I find out how restaurants handle it. for instance, at chili’s, I’d order sparkling water and they’d charge me the expensive 100+ soda flavors cost because it would come from the coke machine… but a server told me to ask for soda water which comes from the bar – and is free. I love sparkling water. But I’m only one of a few friends who does.

Beth Sher
    July 12, 2018 at 10:29 am

Hi I just tried the Bubbly brand too as Sunny mentioned – the mango and the grapefruit flavors – I think I liked the mango better. I seem to like the store brands better than the La Croix – I keep trying a Cranberry Lime whenever I see it and tend not to like it! Our store near us Mariano’s (which I think is Albertson’s) has a kiwi strawberry kind I like a lot but it’s quite sweet!

Susan
    July 12, 2018 at 10:31 pm

I don’t like sparkling water and never had. I used to drink a flavored plain water from BJs; I think it was their brand. I had a RNY four weeks ago, and I’m drinking only plain water, hot tea, or Crystal Light. I’m getting tired of CL, though. I have to find more options!