It’s Monday, and I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I definitely did. Saturday I had a fun afternoon with friends, and I spent Sunday with Mom and people I’ve known since I was born.
I also rode over ten miles on my bike in less than 60 minutes which makes me want to push myself to ride twelve miles in under an hour.
Now it’s time for FMM! If you’re friends with me, then you know that one of my favorite topics of conversation is
boys men. (That sounds so much more grown up than boys, right?) Anyway, I’m always ready for a good girl talk, and this week I’m bringing it to the blog.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: All The Single Ladies (and Gents)
1. What is your current relationship status? Are you happy with that status? I’m single. Am I okay with it? It’s fine. I don’t really like to date for the sake of dating, but I’d like to have a serious, forever kind of relationship with someone extraordinary someday, of course.
2. Do you find it enjoyable to take care of someone in addition to yourself, or do you prefer to be responsible only for yourself? Hmm…I like being responsible only for myself, but I prefer, for example, to make dinner for two.
3. What’s the most important physical characteristic in your mate/potential mate? Hmm…this varies, but I’d say his face…smile, teeth, etc. I have an easy smile, and I like to do it so that’s important to me. Plus, who wants to take a zillion pictures with a guy who can’t cheese it up for the camera?
4. What’s the most important (non-physical) characteristic in your mate/potential mate? This question requires more than one answer so I’ll share a few…It’s important that he’s smart, compassionate, driven, loyal and easy to talk to.
5. Is it important to you that your significant other have the same hobbies and interests as you? I don’t think we have to like all of the same things, but having some common interests is important. For example, he doesn’t have to workout for three hours everyday, but it would be awesome to do races together sometimes even if he finishes first and waits for me. And I like to travel and to be around people. I also like to spend time outside, go to concerts, go out to dinner and the theater so if my guy didn’t like any of those things we’d probably be pretty bored together. Oh, and I don’t think I could date someone who despises NYC.
6. If you could go out on a date with a celebrity who would it be? I’d go out with Zachary Levi. He’s Louisiana born, tall, handsome and nerdy, and he has nice teeth. What more could a girl want?
7. What’s your idea of a good first date? I like to think I’m open to new things, but I have some ideas. I like the basics like coffee, dinner, whatever, but going for a long walk in a beautiful park or a bike ride would be a great way to get to know each other more too. I want it to be easy to talk to the person I’m trying to get to know better.
8. Are there any traits/habits that you’d consider a deal breaker? I dated a smoker once, and I doubt I’ll ever do that again. I’m also not into convicted felons or married people. (This was obvious, no?)
9. Okay ladies…Facial Hair: Yes, or No? Hmm, generally no. It depends on the guy. I like the clean shaven look, but a five o’clock shadow can be pretty sexy at times too. (See #6.)
10. Would you marry someone who is opposed to diamond engagement rings? Uh, no…..It doesn’t need to be six carats, but he’ll have to put a pretty diamond ring on it. 😉 My hands are far too manicured to lack diamonds…..hahaha
11. What do you wish you could do differently in your next relationship? Ugh..I wish I wasn’t always so damn insecure. I haven’t always been that way…Or have I? I’m determined to change it. I’m also determined to let someone really get to know me (flaws and everything.) I struggle with that too, but not nearly as much as I used to.
12. Is there anyone from your past that you’d like to date again now? I’ve been fortunate to date some good guys, but I try to learn from the past and look forward to the future…
13. Describe your worst first date story ever. (Check out Heather’s answer to this one. Apparently, it’s a good one!) I don’t really have a terrible first date story so I’ll share another one instead. A guy that I dated several years after my initial crush on him in 9th grade took me to dinner, and I wasn’t particularly hungry that night. I don’t think I was feeling well. In any case, he told me that I should eat more. When I said I wasn’t hungry, he said “Come on, sweetheart. We know you didn’t get that way not eating.” As soon as it came out of his mouth he looked mortified, and the contents of my glass ended up on his shirt and tie.
14. Describe the perfect date with your significant other. I don’t think there’s one perfect date in my mind. I’m a day dreamer so I have plenty of ideas, and I think the company is the most important part of it. That said, a semi-private picnic and a glass of sauvignon blanc is always at the top of my list.
15. Would you date someone shorter than you? I’ve always preferred dating guys who are much taller than I am, but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. I’m not sure if I’d feel comfortable dating someone shorter, but I don’t mind if they’re not giant anymore. Ha..
16. Share one (or a few) bonus traits that would be fun to find in an significant other (even if they aren’t as important as other traits.) Hmm, as I’ve said before it would be so cool to date someone who understands my love of handbags and electronics. I mean, I would date someone if he had no interest in designer things, but understanding my love of Hermes or Prada would definitely be a plus.
17. What’s one thing you’d like to do with a significant other that you’ve never done with another? Exercise…I mean, without feeling like it’s a favor. (Does anyone understand what I mean?) It would be fun to date someone who wanted to hit the gym together or ride our bikes together just because.
18. PDA: Yes, or No? Maybe. A little. Sometimes. I like holding hands and such, but I like to keep it appropriate.
19. Do you kiss on the first date? It has been known to happen, though it’s not a sure thing…
20. Who, if anyone, makes your heart flutter? Why do I answer at least one question a week with Anderson Cooper? Just kidding. Well, sort of. 😉 I’m not dating anyone, but my heart may or may not flutter. I think I’ll keep that to myself for now. 😉
Wow! That’s a lot of questions! Now it’s your turn to answer them! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday Friends!