My friend, Janna, gave to me…
My lack of control is out of control. Yesterday was okay, but I will make tomorrow better. How is everyone else doing? Are we ready for the holidays?!
My friend, Janna, said to me “Let’s do some crunches starting with 3 sets of 30!”
I’ve been struggling today. I knew better than to go to Krispy Kreme today, but I went anyway. I felt like it was okay because I’ve been in Tulsa for weeks, and I haven’t been there once until today. Well, I ate enough to make up for it. I ate two more than I planned..yikes.
And my workouts have been pretty non-existent. I could list some excuses, but I won’t. Instead, I’m committing to exercising today. I don’t want to go back to looking or feeling like this.
So Janna has shared an idea that is happening across the blogging community. In addition to the Twelve Days Gift Swap, we are gifting ourselves with good choices. Each day we will do one healthy thing, adding to it each day until Christmas. I’d rather smile about making good choices than smile about eating crap that will make my stomach hurt in 20 minutes…
Will you join us? If so, let us know by leaving a comment here or on her blog.
I’m also chasing a 7 Day Chip by conquering seven days of successful eating . If you’re interested, check out Brad’s blog for details. He’s so encouraging and inspiring. If you don’t read his blog start now…
I have a lot of work to do, and I’m going to get started now. This journey is one that must be taken day by day so I’m going to make today a good one. Will you?
In other news, I got to open my first swap gift from Janna! =) Does she know how to make me happy or what? I know it wasn’t easy, my dear Aggie..thank you! 🙂 I can’t wait to open Day 2…I think I’ll do that soon. 🙂
It’s Monday again which means it’s time to have a little blog fun! This week, I’d like to hear what you’re excited about this month! I would imagine that most of you are as excited about the holidays as I am, and I want to hear all about it!
I’m looking forward to several things…especially seeing my sweet little niece at Christmas! It will be my first Christmas with her, and I plan to soak up every beautiful moment with her and my family. I’ll miss Dad, but I’m thankful for the quality time I got to spend with him last month. And I’m happy about being close enough to him to visit regularly now.
I’m also looking forward to looking at Christmas lights! I LOVE Christmas lights, and Oklahoma has a couple of amazing displays! Awesome lights + great BBQ = a fun way to spend an evening.
And this week, I’m baking a homemade cherry cheesecake for Mountain Man’s birthday. My friend, Kelly, made sure that I’ll do it right. Thanks Kelly!
I’m also looking forward to the 12 Days of Christmas Swap! Janna is my swap buddy, and I can’t wait to enjoy it with her!
What are you excited about in the coming month? Don’t forget to add a link to your blog! =)
I’m so excited to host a 12 Days of Christmas swap with one of my bloggy besties, Janna! If you’re not already following her then head over and say hi. She’s awesome so you’ll be glad you did.
Anyway, Janna and I love presents so we’ve decided to host a fabulous swap. 🙂 Our plan is to assign partners then create packages with 12 little gifts inside – each wrapped separately so that we all have gifts to open for the 12 days leading up to Christmas. 🙂
Here is a list of the particulars that you need to know if you plan to participate:
* You must have a blog to participate! It’s important because participants will be asked to post about the event on their blogs too. We want to see what everyone receives! 🙂
* This swap is only open to bloggers in the US. I heart my international friends, but shipping will be too complicated at this time of year. We should have come up with this idea sooner, right? 😉
* Don’t be cheap! The gifts don’t need to be expensive! They just need to be thoughtful and fun to receive. Fill the package with gifts that you’d like to receive. 🙂 Think about how you want to feel when you open your package, and add a little “wow” to your gifts. You get the idea, right?
Here are some ideas in case you need examples:
your favorite lotion
favorite candy or healthy food item
Find out things about your partner…this is also supposed to help you gain friends 🙂 Have tons of fun with it!
* Each gift MUST be individually wrapped. You can number the gifts so your partner knows what to open each day or just write a note that it’s okay to open them in any order.
The package must be mailed out by Thursday, December 9…so that they can start opening their 12 days of Christmas on the 13th…please don’t be that person that sends it late…
So here’s what to do:
* Add a link to your blog at the bottom of this post
* Leave a comment with your e-mail address so we know how to contact you.
* Post about the swap on your blog and link back so others can join. Hey..they more the merrier right? 🙂
* Sign up before Friday, Dec. 3rd at noon central time.
* Wait for an e-mail with your swap partner’s information and blog address.
If you have any questions you can email Kenz or Janna at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!
* You will have a partner by Saturday December 4th
Then let the shopping and shipping BEGIN!!!
This is such a great way to make new friends! Please join the fun and do your part to make this an incredible swap! 🙂 Janna and I are definitely looking forward to it! 🙂
*This swap has ruffled a few feathers so let me be clear. This idea was not newly conceived by Janna and me. I’ve seen swaps like this in years past. We just thought it would be fun…there’s plenty of fun to go around folks…celebrate the season…